Show and Tell July 2023

Laser engraved yeti cups

9 Likes

Dye Sub - turned out a little on the brown side instead of the black and gray I was looking for. Maybe the material effected the color.

The person I made for likes it. Thats all that counts.

11 Likes

My brother owns an Ooni pizza oven. It makes nice pizzas, but the metal peel that comes with it is so wide that it is hard to turn pizzas with it.

I made him an 18” long 4” wide spatula which should allow him to snag one side of the pizza and spin it in the oven while it cooks without burning his knuckles.

24 ga hot rolled steel with a forge-twisted 1/4” round bar handle. Copper ground wire for rivets.

Seasoned with coconut oil and beeswax to make it more rust resistant and slippery.

17 Likes

I’d have to see the original artwork file, but when the blacks turn brown then it normally means that it was overcooked. Still looks really good.

1 Like

I’ve been busy making molds on the laser cutters!

I’ve been making pewter medallions since April '22 - it’s the hobby that led me to MakerSpace. It’s something I bring to art/music festivals (Burning Man and related regionals). After folks select their symbol(s), I stack the mold, melt some pewter with a propane torch, and pour their medallion. Only takes a couple of minutes to cool. Great social interaction with folks!

I learned from someone who was doing silhouette pendants using silicon molds (Mold Max 60). I grab clipart, manipulate in Inkscape & Fusion360, print on a 3D printer, and pour the silicon mold. I started doing double-sided pendants where you can put a different symbol on each side (the holes are for pins that keep the stack in registration). Worked good with the silicon, but sooooo much better with MDF! It leaves a rough texture where the laser etched the art, but I can get much finer detail in the MDF. Just back from a festival where I made several dozen and noticed no degradation in the mold set I was using.

Lots of ideas for the future…

14 Likes

@rowdy and I engraved a wine tumbler.

14 Likes

Photos of some the students that took the Maker Essentials bandsaw class… more classes coming in August… keep an eye on thr events calendar

17 Likes

My first attempt at making a cabochon! Thanks to Myrrh/KrissiKross for teaching me!

14 Likes

Made a stand for our DMS bead roller:

17 Likes

Walnut bowl with maple burl

17 Likes

Fantastic work, and really nice piece of wood there!

3 Likes