Show and Tell July 2020

That shot glass is cracking me up

1 Like

I was gifted a 3D printed dice tower and got it painted.

24 Likes

Mmmm. Chips. Made a fixture plate that clamps into a standard 6" vise, for doing sheet/thin plate part profiles held down with adhesives.

11 Likes

This was my first month at DMS. I recently relocated to Dallas and to a new apartment, the kitchen cabinet space is limited so I made my own custom fit Cuttery divider as my first project.

I got lucky to get the class for the laser cutter as I was finishing the project so I added a nice detail on the backboard. :wink:

23 Likes

That is very, very nice. I just got my Prusa back up right before I left town for a 4 day trip and started a 96 hour job. Don’t have it put together yet but I might post it too. That is some awesome filament right there.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning!!!

Making some house warming gifts for my brother who is finally moving out from our parents.
Made using the epilog laser using CRC Moly Dry Lube coated onto the stainless, then Lasered at 100% power at 2% speed.

13 Likes

Very very nice!

I’m finally getting around to making our wedding invites.
Sorry for the coverup…but you’re not invited.
You will he invited to an all out much more relaxing thing (if I know you) when covid releases it’s grasp on our collective lifestyles.

Deets:
It was a grab bag of veneer from eBay and paper we found at paperarts folded with some fancy pants origami way by myself and Kenneths sister.

Veneer is 10power at 100speed Probably could have gone a bit faster on some of the woods but I don’t have time to check every wood.

That’s all I got for now.

14 Likes

not sure why you had to include the part “finally moving out of our parents house”
:rofl:

2 Likes

I missed that Josh. Lol

next round of stickers I designed have come in.
The “verbal grenade” is just an inside family joke I made it up to refer to my little brother’s tendency to say really awkard things in public to see how people will react. He likes to say weird/awkward stuff to see if they will jump on the verbal grenade or duck and run for cover or not flinch…

7 Likes

Josh you need to do another “ I wouldn’t Sh!t my favorite turd”

2 Likes

I already have another set about to complete…

I designed and built these high end speakers.

9 Likes

Are the side mounted cones active or passive? Looks great, how do they sound?

This is the last finished project of the month. It was a test to learn how to do the snakeskin pattern in the leather.

13 Likes

Those are passive radiators. Thanks! They sound amazing.

1 Like

Excellent job