Show and Tell December 2021

I made a sloth/sleuth of bear pins on the laser. The washer on the back couples with a rare earth magnet to attach. Works even through a cable-knit sweater.

Oak and walnut bodies, FOG wood bellies (most likely maple or poplar).

14 Likes

Your Ornaments are awesome! That’s some real creativity!

A few months back Pearce and I bought a collection of rocks. In the bottom of it there was an old army drill Sargent ring. It was crushed under hundreds of pounds of rocks. It took a while to get it back to the land of the living, but it’s looking great and soon to be back on its way to the original owner as a surprise.

22 Likes

Baseball bats for my nephews. Turned, sanded, stained, lacquered. Hard maple.

7 Likes

18 Likes

Wow! What a special meaningful gift!

2 Likes

Bro! That is next level! Very cool build. I would definitely take a class if you wanted to teach one. I plan to move off grid in a few years and am looking to expand my knowledge of this genre as much as possible.

damn that is awesome! Great job. I love that this is your first attempt. Starting with a complex project is so very familiar to me. LOL

You the MAN! Or YOU THE UNCLE! Just beautiful!

I did a more detailed write-up and will keep the thread updated as I make progress on my build!

3 Likes

Been focusing mainly on real flower preservation (mostly bridal bouquets) with resin. Got back into wood and resin over the last month which was fun.

18 Likes

Those are absolutely beautiful. I would really like to learn how you do this. You willing to walk me though one?

1 Like

Thank you! And sure thing, just send me a message :grinning:

3D printed and woodworking gifts:

Chain mail for my nieces and nephews:

Topographical map of the US for my friend. Measures about 2"x4":

10 Likes

Stunning! :blankspace:

Wow what you making?

Remember the post several weeks ago about the manufactured live edge teak slabs being sold in Fort Worth?
Got the first table nearly ready for the customer to pick up.

18 Likes

Gorgeous work Bert.

1 Like

I’m trying to mount the supercharger off a mustang Cobra to my V6 swapped Toyota MR2.

2 Likes