Show and Tell August 2020

Some of my latest designs.

@uglyknees @talkers @TBJK I just discovered print on demand

9 Likes

Love it once I got past the problem of not sticking to the build plate. I had to buy this one as a birthday present to my youngest son. We will order the Saturn when production units start in October. We missed the two preorder runs.

1 Like

Do you have a complete sticker pack available?

Wow, this is a cool piece.

1 Like

Not me, but my little guy put together/made his second computer this week (with some oversight from his dad). The fun part is that I paid for (most) this computer with eBay winnings, thanks to @Josh_Melnick, so that’s a fun little bonus.
It’s my hope he will use it to solve the worlds issues by creating some sort of humanitarian calling and unite the worlds young people in some dynamic way that we haven’t thought about yet…but so far he’s been using it to somehow use his oculus to throw around his virtual friends like dolls in roblox.

15 Likes

Well I let my boys at it. They cleaned up the pickup for the ignition, the fuel tank & the carb. We cleaned the carb twice, the first time we could not get the jets fully out. The second time we did. I took a .015” drill bit & cleaned up the jet by hand. My boys reassembled, my oldest started it with 1 pull. We will get a new recoil start & multch plug. @texantrinity thanks for the mower. Free lawnmower, not sure if working

24 Likes

What a great learning experience for them!

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad you guys can use it!

2 Likes

Gets his kids free broken tools that they have to fix to do their chores. Dave Ramsey on steroids.

Great learning experience with the kids. :+1:

5 Likes

I found this soldering kit from the 90’s it was my first soldering project. It still works!

7 Likes

Not to mention it color coordinates with the recumbent bike!

Edit: And OOOOooo! I spy your hand-stitched tool bag behind your mini-me.

1 Like

All done

18 Likes

This weekend project is for the Allen food pantry @ St. judes Parrish…
I’m making pocket crosses and all proceeds for to the Allen Food pantry at my church.

11 Likes

Wow. That’s beautiful!! Drool …

Didn’t do this at DMS, but as I’m in perpetual social distancing mode, I thought I’d share a small ‘make’ that makes my seemingly eternal existence at home a little more pleasant. Tools: Cricut Maker, Vinyl, and Armour Etch Glass etching compound. You could do this on the DMS Cameo Silhouette easily.

28 Likes

We just whipped out our brand new Cricut Maker that’s been sitting in it’s box since before COVID. Having fun so far. Nice sticker design.

2 Likes

Scott shamed me for leaving our Cricut in the box and threw down with a 48hr maker challenge. Loser subject to unspecified public humiliation, so the pressure was ON! I think I get bonus points for making a rub, too. His porch light, however, is more effective: light shining through glass really shows off the etching.

21 Likes

I finished/gave up on my stained glass lamp. Was originally suppose to be all handmade stained glass panels, but I just got so fed up with it that I compromised at 3 handmade panels, and 3 of the original dolphin panels that originally came with the lamp. If I ever tried this again, I think I would want to try glass slumping or maybe even a resin mold (open to suggestions on that). Kudos to people who make tiffany lamps, I just couldn’t get the flat pieces of glass to match the curve of the lamp properly.

16 Likes

There is a reason that it is called “making” and not “succeeding”. I think the result is quite lovely.

9 Likes

Made these leaf trinket dishes for my sister for her holiday table scape. White stoneware clay, slab rolled and cut in leaf shapes. Glazed with Amaco Deep speckled red and iron lustre on top.

14 Likes