Shopsmith V, looking for help and accessories

Scored a well used but cared for Shopsmith. Still trying to figure out how everything works and get unit a groove of swapping parts.

I’m missing the Band Saw accessory. Anyone have one just collecting dust at home? Or any other accessories?

1 Like

I don’t have anything collecting dust, but I do have a nearly forty-year old Shopsmith that I regularly use to make sawdust. I see the jointer, which is one attachment I never got around to getting.

Did you get the drill chuck, lathe tool rest/tools, and disk sanding attachment? Mine has been pretty well-used, too.

Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

Jeff

1 Like

I have never seen the table saw feature nor the jointer!!! Wow!!

Came with Joiner and Belt Sander, and a bunch of accessories including the chuck. It’s missing some of the lathe accessories as well.

It’s shockingly quiet to run.

So far having trouble creating a table sled; something keep falling out of alignment.

The band saw us also having some issues; but it came with 50 bands - so might sacrifice a few to figure it out.

Want to point out if did come very dirty and rusty. I spent a whole weekend taking it apart, cleaning throughly, lubing and waxing parts.

4 Likes