Sherline Information

I am wanting to get into machining and wanted some info on the Sherline tools. What are they mainly used for/ made for? Is the process of being trained normal to any other tool? I am 16 and from what I understand and correct me if I am wrong but the Sherline tools are the only tools in the machine shop that I am able to use. Thank You

As a 16 y/o you can use the Sherlines. They are small versions of the bigger lathes and mill.

You and a parent and guardian must take the class. Then you are free to use.

Thank you, is there any schedule to the classes?

I’ll submit a couple Sherline Mill classes up sometime tomorrow - so it’’ appear in a bout 3 plus days 10-12 days out.

3 Likes

The Tools page of the wiki shows the Sherline micro mill and micro lathe. It also links to our wiki pages for those tools. Those wiki pages link to some videos and tutorials, which should give you an idea of what can be done with it.

Those pages also have pictures of the key attachments we have, along with links to how to use them. Those instruction pages should also give you some ideas of things you can do with them.

Yeh - I know - more information than you want … :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have just switched jobs from nights to days. I need to decompress a bit and will then be back and can offer a sherline lathe class (probably a month). There are others that can teach it so hopefully they will offer one before then.

5 Likes