Sherline Cabinets

Well guys & gals, it finally happened. We got the Sherline Table/bench thanks to @richmeyer & @artg_dms for going to get them. Thanks to @mmcclain for the quick hand squaring up the base to the cabinet.

One thing I note is the shelf is not so good. It’s a little janky.

Now one thing to note is that we need to move the tooling over front the old tool box if someone would care to do that. I’d like to do at some point Kaizen foam cut outs for the tools in the drawers.

18 Likes

Looks great. Also looks like we need more 120V outlets along that wall to eliminate power strips. That I can do on Friday while I am there.

5 Likes

Additional electrical outlets have been installed along that wall. Yea…no more power strips!

4 Likes

might I suggest that the lathes be on the same bench and the same for the mills. that way you can separate the tooling in the cabinets without have to look thru everything. cheers!

3 Likes

Many thanks; that set up is greatly improved due to your actions. And there is room for feet under the new cabinet!

Thanks again,
Bob

2 Likes

I considered that also … but then if you have two lathe users (or two mill users), then you have to stand right next to each other.

Currently over crowding doesn’t appear to be a problem.

4 Likes

that is a good point for distancing, however considering there is no training on the cnc lathe, it will be a long time before there are two users side by side and by then it should all be over with, right?
As for the mills, I honestly haven’t ever seen much if any use on the metric mill so pretty much the same thing. But overall you are correct. It was just a suggestion but let’s do what’s right. cheers!

1 Like

Nah, you’re right. I didn’t think about the fact that both lathes and both mills aren’t really usable right now.

What is on the table to the north of the (manual) lathe? Could we store the Sherline’s vacuum under that table so it’s readily available?

The best thing about all of this is we can change it around. It’s not like moving the Bridgeport or Lathe.

2 Likes