Shelving for Hatchers

I work for The Container Store and have access to some shelving and containers.

I thought I would bring some samples tomorrow (Wednesday 5/17/17) to see what might work.

Russell said he would be there after 6:00 pm. so I’ll be there around then.

4 Likes

Logistics is also interested in any help or donations from The Container Store. Thanks again for your excellent effort

2 Likes

Maybe you should talk with Steven (@thatguy) since HE is the Hatcher’s Chair.

@bhouse, thanks for following up on this. I’ll try to also show up to help. I really hope we can come up with a solution to organize that room. :smile:

Just post some pictures of our options from the sample and I’ll be happy.

Let me be clear that I’m not upset that you’re helping, @bhouse it would just seem weird to me if someone appeared to be working with one of the committee members but not tagging me in asome the chair were this happening in CA.

1 Like

Oops! Since I am new here, I haven’t learned the appropriate protocols.

I think Steve is in the loop now and we’ll try to keep him up to date.

I was kind of in a hurry because I had an opportunity to get some product and didn’t want to miss it.

I have the shelving we talked about. I also got some shoe boxes and a couple of other items for organizing.

Can I bring it Wednesday?

Do you think we can hang the standard on the wall then, or do we need a cleanup effort before we are ready for that?

Wednesday is cool with me. I’m sure we can move the shelf and transition the items at the time.

1 Like

Idk if I will be there Wednesday but picture of the before and after would be nice if we could swing that?

Here is the before.

I needed to leave before we were finished.

That’s ok I’ll be there tonight and I’ll check it out and post an after picture.

Here is the after picture.

We need to finish clearing the old bench so we can remove it. Once it is gone, we might keep the old shelves or build a skinny table to house tumblers since they get considerable use.

5 Likes

We should keep an eye on Craigslist in the free section for a treadmill so we can build a larger tumbler

3 Likes

Nick, thanks for posting the after picture; I took one before I left but didn’t post it yet.

And we aren’t finished yet. I think I can get some drawer units to go below the hanging shelves and then we can put the rest of the stuff away and possibly get rid of the extra bench and extra shelving unit.

I’m hoping that the extra storage and the cleanup will give us room to work in there.

We should have a great “after” picture when the next round of cleanup is finished.

2 Likes

If you guys are going to be there tonight, I have a few sample containers for your inspection that we could use to hold our dies sets.

I’ll probably be there around 6:00.

See you there!

I was able to get 2 drawer units and I dropped them off today.

I will be out of town this weekend but maybe we cuuld continue our cleanup and organization on Wednesday?

1 Like

I will be at DMS today to assemble the drawer units and do general cleanup.

This should provide more storage than we actually need right now.

I could use help organizing.

See you there!

1 Like

Thurman thanks for your energy on this.

I’m stuck dealing with vehicle swapping tonight and won’t be able to make it out to help. I really feel terrible about this as it seems like I was your number 2 on the job and I don’t want to leave you high and dry. We still haven’t made any formal conclusions on organization style. So instead of waiting any longer for someone else to decide, please just go with what ever feels right to you.

If you take the time to write down some of your key organization rules I’ll attempt to follow them and continue organizing the room later this week. I want this room up and working so we can get you in there teaching us your new 300 Black Out load and why you went with what you did.

By this weekend I promise the old bench will be gone and the old shelves will be on the opposite wall.

Thanks for your help Thurman

1 Like