SheetCAM, is it available for use in the Commons (or elsewhere?)

Last weekend I was trying to find a computer in the community room that had SheetCAM loaded. I tried 4 computers and none had it installed. Am I looking in the right place?

I’d like to be able to create my code prior to moving into the metal shop but don’t really want to have to buy Sheet CAM.

Thanks,
Rick

1 Like

The free version of SheetCAM is adequate for most uses; it’s a limitation on toolpath size.

I believe the tool library is on the share drive folder for the committee; if it’s not, I’ll see that it gets there. I’ve thought about purchasing some copies to put on the design computers, but we’ve not had enough interest to justify it since usually the free version works for people to use at home, or they just do the CAM on the Dynatorch machine.

1 Like

Jim is correct, the tool library is on the committee drive. You can use the free version & just save it as a part. Then open it into Sheetcam on the Dynatorch computer to post process.

1 Like

Don’t try to generate G Code on the home version, it generates errors.
All the other functions are identical to the one in the metal shop

1 Like

I’ve never messed with the personal one myself. What wonky stuff does it do with the G Code?

I’m assuming if one uses it save the project file then open and post-process on the dynatorch machine?

1 Like

An unexpected error has occurred:
Post not found
This error occurred on line 1178 in file …\Camlib\postmacro.cpp)
Post processing failed
Followed by a message saying that they are sorry an internal error occurred and asking you to send them a debug report so that they can find out what went wrong.
when that window is closed there is a message Backup has started. Closing that window closes sheetcam.

Don’t bother loading the automatic backup at the prompt at restart.

1 Like