Shapeways going public in Q3 2021

I got an email from Shapeways this morning. Looks like they are going public.

Here’s an article: https://seekingalpha.com/news/3686821-shapeways-confirms-deal-to-go-public-through-galileo-acquisition-spac

Here’s the email:

I have exciting news to share with you about the future of Shapeways!

Earlier today, we announced a merger with Galileo Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: GLEO), a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC). We are on track to close the transaction in Q3 2021, at which point Shapeways expects to continue trading on the NYSE under the ticker symbol ‘SHPW’.

Following this transaction, Shapeways will be even better positioned to expand our catalog of materials, accelerate our adoption of new manufacturing technologies, as well as fortify our collaborations with Shapeways’ partners. Additionally, we’ll invest more in R&D, enhance our purpose-built software and extend our reach into new vertical markets and geographies.

Joining the public markets is the logical next step for our company, as this new source of capital will provide greater financial flexibility with which to pursue our expansion plans and grow our market leadership.

I want you to know that we are committed to remaining a dedicated digital manufacturing partner. We will continue to operate as Shapeways always has, with the same overarching focus on delivering market-leading digital manufacturing services backed by a world-class ecosystem of partners like you.

Thank you for the continued opportunity to work with you as a valued member of our global network of partners. We are embarking on a new chapter in Shapeways’ story and are confident that our new structure will continue to empower all of us to best serve the needs of the market together.

Best,

Greg Kress
CEO, Shapeways

2 Likes