Shapeoko - cutting surface

Sorry! I typed 0.8" instead of 0.08" and cut into the bed of the shapeoko. Please point me in the right direction to buy a new one and I will buy+install.

Sorry for messing it up, thank you for helping me figure out how to make it right.
Steve Scully

15 Likes

Kudos for reporting it. Being Excellent!

6 Likes

E for Excellent?? :slight_smile:

Thx for reporting (and putting sign there for those that don’t read Talk)

Paging @mreynolds @missydee1206

3 Likes

I’d suggest that we can live with it for now, localized damage. A complete replacement is $30 plus shipping. If you are so inclined drop some portion of that as cash in the donation box (envelope, your name on it, donation for new wasteboard, etc.) and next time we order some new endmills or what not from Inventables.com we’ll order a new wasteboard kit.

6 Likes

What about a quick patch using some Durham’s Water Putty with a putty knife and sanding once dry?

If that’s an ok approach I will do so on Thursday night.

Comments?

2 Likes

It’s probably not needed, the damage isn’t large. If it does become an issue though then sure, that would work. Try and minimize the sanding of the lines.

1 Like

Thank you both! The damage is not large, but it is DEEP.If fill and patch is acceptable I will gladly do that and do my best to restore it to the perfect condition it was in before my blunder.

1 Like

Thank you for referring to the damaged part as a “wasteboard kit”. I felt a bit better the moment I saw it. That wording is so much easier on my mind than “a crucial portion of our desktop CNC milling machine”.

2 Likes

Getting my act together to fix the wastebed on Shapeoko. So far have a couple ideas on how to fix nicely. Hope to be complete by 22 Feb.As part of all this a modification to an old saying came to mind:“See one, do one, break one, fix one”

1 Like