SEWING SIG MEETING June 27th @7pm

Re voice mode

Oh yeah, I figured that out awhile back. Kinda like autocorrect gone wild. But it’s not too hard to figure out if you ignore spelling and go phonetically in the odd spots. I’m glad that sort of tool is available, even with its quirks :slight_smile:

I mainly said something since it flubbed on a name that was relevant to the conversation

1 Like

Please add me to the AD group as well. I took the Sewing 101 class on the Janome on 7/10/18 with Beth instructing.
Thank you!

I cannot make it to the meeting, but could I be added? I have used the sewing machines during Astruds classes. Thanks!

Did you take a type of 101 sewing class or was it a project class that used the sewing machines?

Project classes

You might want to take a sewing 101 class, but if you’re an experienced sewer and confident at setting up the machines, then I will check you off.

I was trying to sign up for the zipper pouch class and it wouldn’t let me sign up because apparently I’m still not on the list for the sewing machine. Now I know I asked to I have taught a sewing class I have taken classes. I have only been sewing since sometime in the late 1950s. On multiple different machines from my mom’s old singer to my hus quara. I am sure that either Kriss our vests can tell you I know how to use a sewing machine safely so can a u s t r u d. That’s three people that should be able to sign off on me using a sewing machine. This should not be a problem for me

You’re already on the list to be checked off, if you want to expedite the process you can message Stan directly.

I think i have used them enough to be checked off on.

1 Like

After some considerations, I don’t think I’m qualify to be a SIG leader, I’m going to step down.

We will vote on a new SIG leader at Thursday’s meeting. Post your name here if you would like to run for the position and can’t make it to the meeting.

Thank you for helping and I hope that you will continue teaching your wonderful fashion design classes here. I think there are wonderful addition to what is offered at DMs I know I’ve heard a lot of favorable comments about how great they are and comments from others wanting access to this type of class.

2 Likes

Thank you Cairenn!

I won’t be able to make the meeting, but I’d be willing to throw my hat in the ring for the SIG leader.

3 Likes

Gonna have to be a sewn hat. Preference is tricorn.

2 Likes

I’m game to run for SIG leader.

I have no desire to teach sewing classes at this time, but have been sewing for at least 50 years. (I don’t remember how old I was when I undertook my first embroidery project.)

I started sewing some of my own garments between 7th and 8th grade, and started quilting in 1993, when I was about 36 years old, and that has become my art form of choice.

6 Likes

How the heck do you do something that detail I want to learn more. Second you are entering that in the fight fair aren’t you? I really hope.

No. It’s entered in the Houston International Quilt Festival judged show, which overlaps the fair. And even if it wasn’t, it doesn’t qualify in any of their size limitations within the quilt division.

Thanks for running Judy! I see you helping Logistics with tasks around the Space. You are a force of nature and would be a great SIG leader.

*Team Judy

2 Likes

@Aneres I completely agree with Cairenn. You are an excellent teacher and teach a wide variety of wonderful classes. you have also truly helped grow Sewing at the Space. thank you!

1 Like

Thank you John!