Sewing machine introduction

I usually work over in ceramics but I am interested in learning how to use a sewing machine. I was looking on the schedule and didn’t see any introductory classes. How often do you run introductory classes for the sewing machines.
Thanks!

1 Like

Every few weeks. Usually when someone has expressed an interest. This week is shot. Week after next - Tuesday or Wednesday night?

Astrid has a big class. Let me look for it on the calendar.

1 Like

Good to know. Tuesday is much better for me!

1 Like

Astrud’s class is on the sergers, and it’s Saturday May 6th.

I’d prefer Wednesday, I can do Tuesday, but I get back that day from a trip.

1 Like

What about Wednesday May 17th? I have a work trip the Wednesday before.

I could do that.

I’ll be gone again.

But this coming Wednesday works for you?

Dang. Timing is now too tight. I’ll just see you in the Sewing Room at 7 pm on Wednesday. Do you want to make a tote bag from the scraps we have or do you have a project in mind?

Edit 2 – I’ll also put up a class on the 17th.

Yes, but I thought you were talking about the 10th (and 9th)

What I’d really like to make is a tool roll, but tote bag sounds fine as a qualifier.

You’re right. I had forgotten that I’ve got a committee meeting that night. Disregard. I’ll put up 2 classes when I get back to a real computer.

And (of course) the results of a hockey game in a distant state has shuffled my schedule in ways as yet unknown. Go ahead and schedule whenever you can for others and I’ll deal.

1 Like

I’m also a hockey fan! I’ll look for the classes on the schedule!

@Lexi_Jordan @ozindfw
Beth’s class is up!
Wed 5/10: Events |Dallas Makerspace Calendar
Wed 5/17: Events |Dallas Makerspace Calendar

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I registered for the 10th, but I may have to cancel depending on what the Dallas Stars do in the playoffs. Kind of annoying committing to tickets without a clue of the schedule.

It’s all good…