Sewing Foot question

Do any of our sewing machines have 1/4" foot? Walking foot?

I know the older Janomes all had 1/4" feet but I don’t know if we’ve purchased them for the new machines. Thanks.

I’ll double check when I get up to the Space later today. @jrkriehn might know off the top of her head. So far as I know, the Thor is the only one with a walking foot. We’re trying to make the ConSew leave so we can take advantage of a Jukie, but I don’t know if it has a walking foot.

Can we buy a walking foot for any machine?

Usually. They are somewhat machine-specific. I’m guessing that Brother feet will also fit the Babylock, and I’m presuming that the Zest is a low shank machine.

1 Like

1/4” feet are different from walking feet.

I got three 1/4” feet to fit the Babylocks. They are in a ziplock bag on the sewing shelf in the teaching cabinet (left one?) Chris, if that’s what you need, send me a text and I’ll send you the new cabinet combination.

Regarding walking feet, not sure whether we have any that fit domestics… maybe the Viking??

There might also be some generic ones in those plastic boxes with a variety of feet, but the quarter inch snap ones didn’t fit the babylocks.

I have a pfaff 7570 with a built-in walking foot that can be used with a 1/4” foot. If you want to borrow it, let me know and we can figure out a handoff. I’m at the retreat center near Sew Let’s Quilt It today and tomorrow. Obviously don’t have that machine handy today…

2 Likes

Thanks. Probably need both. Need for 1/4" foot is immediate; walking foot later. I sent you a PM.

The sets of generic feet fit on the Zest machines, so you should be able to use one of those.

3 Likes

I did not have success with the generic quarter-inch foot in combination with needle position options.

1 Like