September 2019 Kiln News

Glaze just unloaded. Come pick up your pieces, shelves are full! Great work everyone. Also want to thank everyone who took the time to make cookies so that we could speed up the glaze firing process.

Great work by Christy below:

15 Likes

I have to say whoever’s idea it was to have a monthly newsletter style post to show off these projects is a genius. I always perk up when I see these posts hit new.

12 Likes

Your welcome, I started this 3 years ago when helping Beth unload so people could see from home if their item was in the load.

6 Likes

Love it. It truely meets the motto of Make! and Inspire!
I’m not a ceramics person but as a wood turner I ALWAYS look at the posts and think: yeah, that’s got possibilities in wood. cheers!

2 Likes

? You helped with the pics, but Christy was doing that before you. Before that, we had notifications without pics. I do know that I was usually looking for folks to take pics, because I didn’t have a smartphone at the time…

2 Likes

Prior to April 2018 no pics were taken. Beth your past history in notifications is awesome! Didn’t you use to do it in the Facebook page also?

Yeah. I would always put a post when I emptied a kiln, both in FB and on Talk, but I couldn’t post pictures. Once we started having regular pictures, I’d post them on FB as well. Mind you, that was the only other venue I was using. And we weren’t running kilns as often.

I had noticed disappointed people back then, they would come for there stuff because they read the kiln was unloaded. Get there and their piece had not made it into the load.

With pics started in April 2018 they could see their piece was ready. But this turned into something more. It gives the other makers the opportunity to see what’s happening in this dept. :+1:

1 Like

Bisque unloaded. Come and fetch ‘em!

9 Likes

Bisque unloaded…please come get your items, shelves are overflowing! image|375x500

3 Likes

One more pic

7 Likes

love this!!!

Ooo I can’t wait to see what @coffeebean does with the pillow vase!

2 Likes

I gave that one to Johnny since he was kind and lent me use of one of his slip buckets, it takes almost a full bucket of slip when you pour it so if your making more than one you need two buckets😀

4 Likes

You have two waiting for you lady! Do you want them bisqued??

Thanks firing team for loading the glaze kiln! Come and get your beauties!!

6 Likes

that pumpkin and witches hat are adorable!

2 Likes

I’m loving the glaze on that cup in the third picture

I know that the Pumpkin is @Flips4soccer and the witch’s hat is @Krisk. Nice work ladies!

3 Likes

No, green please

1 Like