September 2018 Kiln News

@EmilyRose there should be! make sure you put a note on your piece when you put it in the glaze shelf, so it can be fired in time.

1 Like

Thanks for your help today (and always)!

1 Like

There has been a bisque kiln unloaded, but I don’t see any pictures of it. While the folks that look for their items on Talk and FB are in a minority, it’s still a significant courtesy for them.

1 Like

@dryad2b my fault sorry. i unloaded the kiln then realized i forgot to take pictures

2 Likes

Is this a frisbee?

Noooo… Bisque is too brittle to toss around. It’s a plate. Actually, that’s 2 plates.

We all make mistakes. No worries on forgetting! It happens! No one is perfect! Y’all are doing a great job. Don’t let others get you down!

4 Likes

Bisque unloaded. Looking good, y’all.

2 Likes

Bisque unloaded.

Please, please come pick up your bisque and take it home until you are ready to glaze. Making room for fellow makers coming in behind you is what all the hip kids are doing these days!

2 Likes

since I am stuck at home with the car in the shop Have the modern fossli pieces been fired >

I need to put up a fininshing class for them ASAP

Some yes – some no.

1 Like

Thanks, should I try to put up the class now>

1 Like

Yeah. By 10 days out, they should all be done.

Thanks I will plan one then

So we have iron oxide stain?

Yes. You’ll need a tall person or the big step ladder. It’s on the very top of the left-hand glaze rack.

1 Like

New glaze unloaded and previously unloaded yet not picked up, it’s fetching time!

1 Like

As an interesting side note, this glaze didn’t run off the bottom of the bowl, but it dripped off the top.

1 Like

Glaze kiln unloaded!

4 Likes

Bisque unloaded. (The one damaged piece was broken prior to firing, groovy potter is going to try bisque repair, yay!)

2 Likes

Glaze unloaded.

4 Likes