September 2018 Kiln News

Bisque unloaded and boy howdy do we have a lot on the shelves at the moment! Please come snag your items and glaze, glaze, glaze.

9 Likes

Glaze kiln unloaded.

5 Likes

Bisque unloaded. Not pictured: MW’s class pieces, those are happily awaiting you for glaze this evening!

1 Like

Glaze unloaded.

6 Likes

Kiln Update:

The TNF82 failed on the last firing, could not reach temp. Almost definitely a failed element. I’ve got a lead on a new kiln repair guy and will call him as soon as the kiln cools enough to unload. It should be a relatively cheap and quick replacement if it is just an element(s).

2 Likes

I just love seeing the stuff that comes out of Fired Arts and Glass. You all have really done a great job growing your departments. All I see over there is busy, busy, busy!

4 Likes

Just parking this here.

9 Likes

This is awesome!!!

Bisque unloaded.

3 Likes

Kiln Update:

The TNF82 has been repaired! Thermocouple was bad, installed a new Skutt thermocouple which is heavier duty and cheaper.

Test fired to cone 6, ran just a touch hot. I would watch out on holds but it was pretty spot on.

3 Likes

Bisque unloaded:

2 Likes

My bowl made it out in one piece! I was slightly worried. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Another bisque unloaded.

3 Likes

Glaze unloaded.

1 Like

Great work as always!

1 Like

Does it look like there will be a glaze firing that’s done before Oct 2? AKA, I haven’t glazed my mom’s birthday present yet, think I can get it done in time?

@EmilyRose there should be! make sure you put a note on your piece when you put it in the glaze shelf, so it can be fired in time.

1 Like

Thanks for your help today (and always)!

1 Like

There has been a bisque kiln unloaded, but I don’t see any pictures of it. While the folks that look for their items on Talk and FB are in a minority, it’s still a significant courtesy for them.

1 Like

@dryad2b my fault sorry. i unloaded the kiln then realized i forgot to take pictures

2 Likes