Senlac Dr. closed 12/10- and now is open, and new developments 2022/01/13

Would it be a crime to “steal” that sign as a public service?

2 Likes

Hard to tell from the picture, but is there a way to go through the parking lot across the street and along the west side of the former Tanner building to Valwood?

I don’t recall any of the driveways into that parking lot being accessible from the one open lane of Monetary.

Tonight we’re going to try driving into the former Parks parking lot to see if we can get to the open part of Senlac. All that they’re currently working on on Senlac is the part where it connects to Monetary. A quick glance shows that the barricades on Senlac are far enough down for them to park some equipment, though.

Has this been reopened? Thanks.

No. They had the rebar in place when we came in this afternoon. So I’m thinking it’ll be Thursday, barring any slow downs. Pour the concrete tomorrow, then open the next day.

I’ve noticed that the flashing sign no longer predicts when they’ll be finished… :slight_smile:

1 Like

No concrete today. Maybe they had concerns about freezing?

Doubt it. Compaction or man power if I had to guess.

1 Like

Ah. I was thinking we had one more cold night before the spring weather got here. Manpower (or equipment availability) then. At least, I sincerely hope it’s compacted – they’ve got the rebar in place.

Update – I think that they got the week off for the holidays. No sign of workers or equipment on the street this week.

Thank you for including this map so I could figure out how to get to the space- and leave it- without using Monetary to Valwood. The construction and uneven pavement is a problem for my car.

Our slogan is contagious…start projects, finish whenever…

3 Likes

They’re pouring concrete today – don’t hold your breath, but soon I think!

1 Like

Who knows what the heck they’re doing on the street. It appears that they are directing you through the parking lot across the street (middle entrance) if you want to use Senlac to exit. The concrete is in place, but they haven’t put the dirt into the middle so that one can drive through (Plus, all the barricades are still in place. Electronic Drive is a good option if you were headed north.

It’s possible that they’ve decided that they’ll wait to re-open the easy entrance to Senlac until after they tear up the other side of the street.

I’m not sure how long they need to let the concrete cure - it may be 2-3 weeks before it’s ready for heavy truck traffic.

It appears that it’s is open now.

8 Likes

You were probably right about the curing time. As Tim has noted, now they’ve opened up Senlac.

But! They’ve switched the driving surface to the new concrete. It’s still one-way heading north, though. You enter Monetary as normal, and then – after the first cut into our parking lot, there’s a detour sign switching you onto the new concrete. The entrance at the north end of the parking lot (directly across from Senlac) is open. That’s the preferred method to get out of the area.

Oddly, the “No Outlet” sign has been moved over to the left side of the road. We didn’t drive down that way to see if they were Just Confused, or if they really blocked off something down that way.

2 Likes

Today’s progress – they jackhammered the old side of the street.

Concrete develops 99% of full strength in 28 days and 67% in 7days. This can be modified with chemical additives if necessary.

2 Likes

At least twice now (in the half-dozen times I’ve been since becoming a member) I’ve encountered a car or two coming the wrong way down Monetary Ln. (And these have not been at ‘off-hour’ times)

I can’t be certain they were DMS, but it may still be prudent for a board member to talk to the city (or work crew) about getting a “NO LEFT TURN” sign up at the north parking lot exit.

Monterey Lane is currently One-Way Only (Northbound) between Valwood and Senlac.

Thank you.

1 Like