Self storage unit - north Dallas

Recommendations for something near 635 and 75 or toll rd in this general area?

Need a fair space for a few months - maybe 10’ x 25’ -

Preferred -
Climate controlled
Ground floor
24 hr access good but not mandatory
Power outlets in area would be good but I bet those are not available - got stuff I want charged.

I work at 635 and 75, and there’s a place there called Extra Space Storage that we’ve looked at. I have no experience with them, but when we were pricing them, they seemed reasonable.

1 Like

Since you’re looking for power, it sounds like you’re looking for a cheap workspace.

Keep in mind that working out of (or in ) a storage unit is usually prohibited. Most of those units are not permitted for occupancy or business activity. Check the lease …

Maybe he’s just needing to keep the bodies in a freezer?

1 Like

Don’t need workspace. Wish I had time for that. That’s what DMS is for. Just wondering if power, in general, is available. I figured not. Not a big issue.

I have not rented storage space before and figure there are probably some mistakes you can make re this.

The biggest mistake is to rent space and never take your stuff out and keep on renting. I talk to owners of storage space facilities and they tell me that’s what happens.

1 Like

Well, I am not advocating doing anything against your rental lease, but the units with a light in them normally just use a screw in light and the socket plug adapters are cheap…
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-Socket-with-Outlets-White-R52-01403-00W/100184555

Tony,

Ha, great minds think alike! Unfortunately they seem to have fluorescent lighting.

DJ