Seeking volunteer to run the cotton candy machine tomorrow during tours OUTSIDE

We have a cotton candy machine for PR.

It’s used during tours for a bit of magic as people walk in. Last week was our maiden voyage and it was delightful. We found out - until we get some sort of grid and a dome - it’s best to run the machine outside in the front as people are walking in so the fluff gets sent into the wind to feed the unicorns.

Members and visitors are welcome to make it for themselves - it’s preferable as this is makerspace.

We need eyes to make sure it’s setup, cleaned up, put up, and donations collected for PR to sustain the purchase of said boxed sugar.

Tomorrow is my last day at school and we are scheduled to stay till midnight till grades get verified so I simply can’t be at the space (that I know of).

If interested you will need to:
Show up like 6:30/45
Get the machine our of the PR closet, cones, sugar flavor, Find something to hold donations
Drag it to the front, get an extension cord as you’re going
Warm up the machine and be the hero of the cotton candy making hour.
Deposit donations in the black box in an envelope. Last week we took in $22 in donations.
Wash the stainless dome and sugar cup “thing” in the sink (really quite easy just let it soak up) dry it off, put everything back in the PR closet. seal up the sugar box really well, put the extension chord back in the warehouse. Be the hero of the night.

The machine needs to run for 4-5m both spinning and heating before you put sugar in the middle. The dome is afixed to the base with clamps and yes…the handle is on the wrong side of the cart - we will fix it.

I think you mean ants…

:laughing:

2 Likes

Ants are just tiny unicorns duh

6 Likes

I had no idea that ants were attracted to virgins…

2 Likes

That must be how they catch them.

Back of the can

7 Likes

Superglue…I love it

Might want to keep in mind how long it takes to shut down and move said machine.

There’s a chance of rain tomorrow night. Electrics don’t like that. And as I recall, cotton candy is not too find of it either.

gotta love the “super glue” part - as opposed to a traditional hooved glue factory…