Seeking source for drapery fabric

Can anyone recommend a local source for drapery fabric? A large selection to peruse would be my idea of a good place.

I will buy blackout lining separately so that’s not an issue.

There are soooo many fabric stores right next to Makerspace. Take your pick!

2 Likes

Thanks. Do you recommend any specific one?

They were all good and pretty much walking distance from each other so I would just start on one end and do the whole circuit

1 Like

Wherehouse is one of my favs (and the “Mr. Sewing Machine” outpost is inside!) Post-tornado, they are basically the entire building from Harry Hines to their original location.

Another one - that was originally at the corner of Perth/Harry Hines - is over across Harry Hines. Best Fabrics, I think? Last time I was in there, they had a pretty cool selection of stuff.

Last time I was on Perth, the big warehouse on the west side after Perth turns south was still under re-construction. But that was a huge home dec fabric source.

Elsewhere, I think Calico Corners still exists on Inwood Road near Jesuit. (not positive, though.)

and when I was on an upholstery fabric kick, I was AGOG at Childress Fabrics.
The main location is on Good-Latimer on the farmers market side of US 75.
Their second location is on Midway Road in Addison.

3 Likes

Oh, and there’s a string of upholstery/drapery fabric stores as you go up Midway Rd from 635. It’s been quite a while since I drove up that way. Cutting Corners is the first as you go north. https://www.facebook.com/CuttingCornersDFW/

3 Likes