Seeking nominations for VECTOR Chair

Hi folks, I’m seeking someone to be chair! After five terms (and having 2 children in the interim), I would like to step down and let someone else have a chance at driving the bus. Unfortunately, no one at Monday’s meeting stepped up to the plate. Someone who has inroads with the retro computing or retro gaming crew (or especially the pinball scene) would be ideal, but anyone who is great at scheduling appealing events would help us. I’ll come to every one and share what I know, but I’d like to pass off the administrative duties to someone else.

I’ll start by nominating Lynn Lyons (who doesn’t seem to have a Talk profile, but I’ll make sure of it). Lynn is a frequent player in pinball tournaments and had been helping me with High Speed right before its sale. He’s got the ability to be around a lot in order to evangelize our place.

We’ll cast votes/proxies on Talk two weeks after the first person accepts a nomination (or nominates themselves) on this thread. @Team_Vector @ScienceElf

2 Likes

Hi folks,

I’ve not fielded any nominations for VECTOR chair, so I would like to re-nominate myself for the rest of the current term (through October). As noted previously, let’s cast our votes on Talk. @Team_Vector @ScienceElf

The next committee meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday, 6/22 at 7:30 PM in the VECTOR area, and at our usual teleconference link https://meet.google.com/yhz-dkmv-trp .

I’ll second… and vote yes.

Yes here as well.

You have my vote as well.

Another vote for @mrcity