Seeking AFR gauge or exhaust sniffer for tuning

I’m about at the point where I’m getting ready to startup the classic Mini… again… after having to replace the cracked transfer case. I can tune the engine with my colortune at idle just fine, but I was hoping to get it tuned under load. My exhaust doesn’t have a bung for a permanent AFR install, so I’ll have to settle for a temporary setup.

So either I borrow an AFR sniffer, go to a dyno with one and pay for time to tune (hopefully they like classic Minis with carburetted engines), or buy a sniffer myself and have the tool around for use in the future.

Any advice from the automotive crowd?

I can ask some mechanic friends wish shops see if anyone has one laying around - might save you a few hundred bucks.

On a separate topic. I have a Classic Mini SPI. Thinking about conversion. You seem to have spend much more time researching - maybe you don’t mind me picking your brain a bit.

Most dyno centers will have an AFR gauge hooked up to your car when you do tuning/baseline runs.
It’s graphed against your power curve in order to provide the info on what points you need to adjust your af.

I’d love to get my hands on an exhaust sniffer for tuning my pre-OBD cars and motorcycles. I’ve got two quad-carb bikes and of course the service manuals call for tuning via sniffer meters. Those things are hard to find on the open market since nobody’s needed one in 25+ years!