Seats available: Arduino: Low-Power/Deep-Sleep and the WiFi Solar Weather Station 12/17/19

Seats are still open for my Arduino: Low-Power/Deep-Sleep and the WiFi Solar Weather Station class on Tuesday evening. This is aimed at getting electronics and Arduino beginners to experience this full hobby. Among other exercises, you will use my parts to Make a mini temperature only weather station to upload every thirty seconds to a web page. Its free, open to non-members but registration is required. You will leave with the knowledge, documentation and parts list to build your own serious weather station.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/14765

1 Like

Brady - I just registered. Sounds like a great class, thanks!

Do you mind telling (PM or here) what parts you’re using in addition to the Arduino? I’m placing a Mouser order for work and wouldn’t mind having my own parts.

Thanks!

Following is the list from my parts list slide. The LEDs, resistors and pots are not essential to the class. I use the BMP280 (temperature and pressure) sensor module which serves our purpose but I suggest you get the BME280 (temperature, humidity and pressure) module. Both Jimmy Tanner and I have been had when we ordered cheap BMEs and received the BMPs.

If you specify BME280 at Mouser, it will likely pull up the tiny Bosch sensor not the full module I use which is popular with hobbyists. Tannner generally has both of the modules and I would just pick one up there.

You asked a simple question and I reply with a convoluted answer about two possible mixups as I am watching the Cowboys showing signs of life again. If this does not make sense just come to class and I’ll give you one of my cheap BMP280 modules!

•Lolin/Wemos D1 Mini

•Breadboard

•BMP280 Temperature & Pressure Sensor

•10k Linear Potentiometer

•LEDs and 330 Ω Resistors

•USB micro cable

•Jumper wires

2 Likes