Science Committee Meeting - Saturday, October 10

I just now submitted a calendar request for Science Committee to meet in the Interactive Classroom on Saturday, October 10, at 3 P.M. We will vote on our choice of the Science Committee Chairman for the next six months.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, and I am quite happy with you being the chairman, but why have the meeting in the middle of a Saturday afternoon? I would think it would be much more convenient to most members to have it in the evening, as 3pm really interrupts getting things done on a Saturday, whereas 6 or 7pm would be much more convenient, especially for those that have to work Saturdays.

1 Like

One of my regular attendees has to leave by 6 P.M. I’m teaching two classes before 6. This is my best guess for a time for us to meet in which all the regulars would attend. I could ask to have the time changed, if I could get an agreement on a better time.

Fair enough, and that makes absolute sense. I will try my best to be there, but that all depends on how work goes for that weekend.

1 Like

If you can’t make it, you can provide a proxy to someone to vote for you.

1 Like

A single hour until your class at 4. Could this go down in history as the shortest Science Committee meeting ever?

I had a conflict for that day, but I expect it to clear up and hope to know by this weekend.

1 Like

This thread should be pinned, but I am not able to do that.

The proposed time creates scheduing conflicts… However I will try to make it.

…X…

1 Like

Don’t forget that you can vote by proxy.

I’m not happy about the time, myself, but it’s the best I could do under the circumstances. I might move it to after 7, if enough people ask for it.

1 Like

I called the meeting to order at 1512.

The first order of business was electing the chairman for the next six months. I was the only candidate, so I left the room alone while voting took place. I was elected chairman by unanimous vote. Now, we wait for the Board to confirm my election.

In other business, Scott Renkes gave his report on the Biomed activities and submitted a request for material purchases. I gave the list to @Tron to enter into our records, but I still need to push the buttons to make the purchases happen.

Science Committee approves the creation of a plastics subcommittee (possibly called, “Advanced Polymers” subcommittee). @Tron collected enough signatures, both in Science Committee and outside Science Committee, for the plastics subcommittee to qualify as a full-fledged committee. However, the plan is for plastics to remain under Science Committee oversight.

I’m going to make a separate thread on the vacuum freeze-dryer.