Scheduled Rotary Attachment class?

When is the next planned advanced class for the thunder rotary attachment? It’s a primary interest for me and I was told in the regular laser class that the attachment is restricted to people who have taken a class for it.

Is a class still required? Is there a general idea of when it will be scheduled? I’d like to use it for holiday gifts and time to experiment would be valuable.

Is there documentation I could read to become more familiar with it while I wait?

1 Like

If you could please email me, and we can discuss this further. Thank you in advanced. [email protected] or you can message on here.

The training is recommended but, if you feel up to figuring it out, feel free. I just haven’t had the time to put a class together. Just don’t mess with the dip switches on the motor. And the “pulse” number is 15,600, any questions please let me know.

1 Like

Will do, thanks for the information!

I am only working on cylindrical objects so I expect the “driving laser head into object” risk is low.

I’ll email you separately if I have any specific questions (or just to verify any assumptions I have)

ah, famous last words. I haven’t been able to get a free day to get back to working on it, but what we were seeing is that everything is being elongated. 1" letters were showing up a 1 1/2" long letters etc. I don’t know if that puzzle has been solved. In the case of that, we were defining the printable area a pi * diameter. so there was plenty of room, it just didn’t print 1:1

The magic number is, 15,600.

Oh? Please explain. How is that used?

I wrote instructions for the rotary attachment awhile back. It’s on Google Doc at:

I used 16,000 on the output tab (which I got from the manual) and it seem to work fine. The biggest thing to watch for is running the laser head into the rotary attachment chuck.

5 Likes

Mike, I added your documentation to the wiki, I appreciate it.

I have scheduled a class Fri Dec 23 @ 12:30pm.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/1356

The class is not required, but offered to walk thru the software, potential problems, mounting options/issues, and have hands on practice.

2 Likes