Sawmill Tour/Demo In Plano - 9/25

Hey all,

Some of you might know I run a modest sawmill operation in East Plano. For those of you that don’t know, I run a modest sawmill operation in East Plano. With @IanLee’s permission, I am having a DMS Day At The Mill on Saturday, September 25th.

I will be showing my brand of “Urban Logging” with demonstrations of my log-loading arch, Woodmizer sawmill, and Arduino-controlled solar kiln.

All are welcome. If you could RSVP by replying to this thread so I can have an approximate headcount, that would be great. I’m happy to answer any questions in advance as well.

RSVP List:
@nicksilva
@jmeinel
@coloneldan
@dougemes
@dougbcave
@pjolone1
@Evan_Lott
@IanLee
@DigitalDoyle
@Andy
@scaeling
@ryan
@rlisbona
@got_tools + 1
@Jerry_Kassebaum
@Holliday
@texantrinity
@jetco
@jast
@j801496
@Colby_Sherman

9 Likes

What hours will this be?

1 Like

Good question. I was thinking 9:30AM would be good, if that’s not too early for everyone.

1 Like

That’s very generous, @Lloyd_Plum. I’d love to make it but I’m in the wrong state. I’ve seen your setup (some of it, anyway) when I picked up some wood from you a few years back, and I think it would make for a very interesting tour.

2 Likes

Noooooooo!!! :sob: :sob: :sob:

I’ve been waiting for this since we had that discussion on Talk I don’t know how long ago now. I’m giving a private tour at DMS until about 12-ish on the 25th. I wouldn’t be able to come unless it was later in the afternoon. :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

If it works better I am ok with moving it to the afternoon.

3 Likes

I for one could make it if it was in the afternoon. cheers!

1 Like

Yes please! :hugs:

1 Like

I can make either morning or afterenoon and would like to see the operations. Let me know when the time is confirmed.

1 Like

Count me in

1 Like

I’m in, morning or afternoon. If it’s in the afternoon I can then be available to help with morning tours.

1 Like

I can make an afternoon tour. I’m looking forward to this.

1 Like

Sounds awesome! Count me in.

1 Like

I’d be interested. May not be able to make a morning due to work but afternoons wouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

Sounds like an afternoon tour would have the better attendance @Lloyd_Plum . When do you want to start?

Do you guys want to meet at the makerspace and carpool over? It’s about a 30 minute ride up to NE Plano from the makerspace.

1 Like

I’m interested. Sign me up!

1 Like

I can make it to an afternoon session.

1 Like

I would certainly like to attend, preference would be the afternoon but I can make it in the morning. Count me in either way.

I’m in. Thanks Lloyd!

How does 1pm work for everyone?

3 Likes