San Antonio Maker Faire / Bike Trip

Is anyone planning on going to the San Antonio Maker Faire? It is next weekend, Saturday, March 24. Information is HERE. I am planning to make a bike trip out of it, so if anyone wants to ride along, let me know.

Probably leave Friday morning, stay somewhere in SA, beer, River Walk for Tex-Mex & beer, etc. Return Saturday night via College Station.

3 Likes

Why is everything in the world on the 24th?
I’m open to traveling anywhere usually but the 24th is out. Count me in for other opportunities.

2 Likes

If I didnt have plans this weekend already i would be down to go! we need to get a ride planned out a little farther in the future and maybe we will get more members to go with us!

Ummm, do you mean motorcycle, or do you mean bicycle (i.e., what the Brit’s call a “push bike”)?

Hey means motorcycle. At least I hope he does. I couldn’t imagine how long it would take to bicycle there…

2 Likes

The area around there is great for biking (bicycling). I figured he was going to drive to San Antone and haul his bicycle with him …

dallasMAGNA is a motorcyclist.
He might be a bicyclist, too, but I’d put my $1 on motorcycling to San Antonio, like he does most everywhere…as far as I know.

But you never know…

5 Likes

as cool as that looks i can see that going horribly wrong…

2 Likes

Then I’ll recommend you steer clear of the product, and hang on to your $299.00+shipping…
https://2x2cycles.com/product/moto-bicycle-rack/

Im just sayin… my motorcycle will go just about anywhere a bicycle will and ill be much less tired at the end of the whole thing…

1 Like

I don’t think you would want to take your motorcycle places my bike has been. I don’t think you can bunny hop over the obstacles like I could. I say could because I haven’t done it in a few years.

2 Likes

perks of having a motor… ill meet you on the other side… ill go around lol

1 Like

Yes, John; I am going to ride my bicycle (“push bike”) from Carrollton to
San Antonio, leaving Friday, for a Maker Faire on Saturday. I won’t need
the motorcycle that I usually ride, because real men can go 60MPH on a push
bike…

3 Likes

That’s cool!
Looks like it’s supported under the bottom bracket apart form the fork mount.

1 Like