Samhain/Halloween Potluck Ideas Needed

It’s likely that we will still be wearing masks on October 30 so we probably won’t be able to do the potluck indoors. I’m looking for suggestions for other activities - or do we want to have the potluck outside with enough room to distance?

Here is the event:

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/17024

1 Like

Bring your own pumpkin, pumpkin carving?
Costume contest?

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Ooo that’s a really good idea!

Also I know that members just did a lifecasting class with pumpkins. Maybe people could paint them? Something like that?

3 Likes

I think we should do an outdoor potluck if the weather is good. There’s enough room outside that people can social distance as much as they are comfortable with in an outdoor environment.

3 Likes

I am leaning toward an outdoor potluck but I like both of Bri’s suggestions too! :grin:

4 Likes

Since bobbing for apples is unsanitary, what about a pumpkin piñata?

There’s nothing that says we can’t do both! We could have an outdoor potluck set up outside the ceramics door and then inside in the open work area have a pumpkin painting or carving station set up.

5 Likes

I like the way you think! This sounds so fun.

3 Likes

It seems to me if the big bay area in the new part of the space can be cleared and the doors left open there is enough room to consider it kind of outside as far as airflow and distancing room goes.
The event could be half in half out.

1 Like

That’s the area I was thinking, but the eating portion would still need to be done outside since you would have to have your mask off to eat. To be inside still requires a mask. I was envisioning having the big doors open too (if it’s cool enough) so people could easily meander inside and out without much difficulty.

2 Likes

Update - We are going to eat outdoors. The weather is supposed to be nice but if it looks bad we should have a couple of canopies. Bring your own pumpkin for pumpkin carving. The pinata has been ordered. :smiley:

10 Likes

We are also planning to show old monster movies in lecture hall. :grin:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Hey everyone!

What are you bringing to the pot luck? Are you dressing up? What’s your costume? Ohhh, we need a spooky playlist too! Thoughts?

( Trying to bring in more fun conversation!)

1 Like

I will bring a couple board games as well to play, encourage others to do the same.

2 Likes

Oh I have some massive board games, that you can play with a big group of people. Great idea!

2 Likes

Kroger has pumpkins on sale. We will have a carving station so bring a pumpkin if you want to participate. :grin:

5 Likes

I am bringing a variety of shelf-stable snacks (some sweet, some salty) with me to contribute to the potluck.

I have a busy day planned on Saturday at the end of a rough week and don’t trust myself to handle cooking logistics, etc., that day but wanted to chip in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m bringing pumpkin cake. Sadly it is store bought because I will be working at DMS all day tomorrow. My costume is ready and I reserved lecture hall for a few more hours in case people want to watch movies or play games after the potluck. :slight_smile:

1 Like