Running Fusion 360 on a Surface Pro 4?

Does anyone here have 1st hand experience running fusion 360 on a surface pro 4? I’ve been toying with the idea of getting one. What are your thoughts? I know it won’t keep up with a workstation setup, but good enough for simple designs?

f360 does your rendering and the heavy lifting online as well as saves and backups. so i wouldnt worry about it slowing your machine down. surface 4 should be fully adequate. it would annoy me x 1000000% more to not have a mouse with a scroll wheel.

Cool thanks!

I carry a mouse w/ me…fat fingers don’t mix with track pads.

Yes, It will work just fine. I run F360 on a Surface Pro 4. And yes, you will want an external mouse!

As long as the drawing isn’t too complex… A desktop with a good graphics card will run circles around most laptops unless they have a dedicated GPU.

In addition to a mouse, the best thing ever for working in fusion 360 is a space mouse for manipulating the view of the object with your other hand. I cringed at spending this much for it, but I love it. I got the smaller desktop model (corded). The Bluetooth version would be even better. I think there’s one in the video editing/multimedia room if you want to try it. You need to install the software to run it.

https://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacemouse.html