Rube Goldberg Contest! - pouring a bowl of cheerios

https://www.rubegoldberg.com/contests/

They are looking for hosts for this contest - anyone open to hosting - looks like we are slow on clip but still might get some people

Wow! I see that they charge $395 for a team to register. I would think that would severely limit the potential participants …

I agree - and what is that money accomplishing? I suppose if they host it at a school they need to pay for the facility but high costs like that are sad. Possibly we should go bootleg and start our own SIG or something just for fun.

2 Likes

Might be a fun event for next open house, Rube Goldberg competition/display of some sort.

Was watching the new Frankenstein series with Sean Bean. Frankie is over 200 years old, Mary Shelly had it published under her name in1818.

Distracted. Name that we are the forbidden type. So here’s a couple ideas. It also builds on a theme Maker Made.

Makerstein Makes or Frankenmaker Makes. Something along that line. That makes it pretty wide open if we open up the category.

I hate Talk for looking up or finding threads, this probably goes better with the thread I was looking for.

1 Like

We need to play the Danny Elfman music in the background

over/under on Sean Bean making it out of the season alive?

He survived the Napoleonic wars in another series Sharps Rifles and even makes reference to it in this series as being in that rifle company. Which I thought was kinda cool.

So I’d bet he survives. Love how Mary Shelly is in series.

1 Like

Another PR contsest somewhat related to this:

Design a hand tool that does something. Two categories: Practical and Whimsical. Must build a prototype and we’ll video an up to 90 second second video of them demoing.

This is small, no big room needed, but contest could be during a Pot Luck where they demo - and crowd votes. Adds entertainment to meal and and brings out our inner husker.