Router table bit height adjustment not working

Last time I was at MS the regular router table (not CNC) was not functioning properly. It appears that the adjustment dial for the bit height wasn’t working. I could only move the router bit up slightly before it jumped back down. Kind of like the gears for the height adjustment were stripped or something.

Anyone else notice this?

Has it been addressed by anyone?

Mike

The lift mechanism has a few issues that we have been living with. The fine adjustment slippage that I think your talking about and the worn lift collar for pulling it up to change the bit. I don’t believe anyone has taken them time to identify what parts are needed to repair.

1 Like

Yeah it really has needed TLC for some time now. If I had more time I’d take a look as I use it fairly often

I think @Azalaket has determined a new lift mechanism is in order…probably just a matter of time at this point .

1 Like

I apologize if there is an actual post about an outage on the router table; I couldn’t find one.

I was in the MS today and the table was out of commission to have the lift replaced. Is there an estimate of when the table/lift will be available again?

Thanks,
Brent

I’m curious about this too.

On another note, I noticed that the planer and delta table saw both were out of service, with masking tape over the business ends. The delta table saw didn’t have anything on the tool status board so I made an update.

It follows that there’s no full time employee to maintain the tools and I’m grateful to those with the expertise to fix them, and I’m curious if there’s a way to include a projected completion time in the tool status board?

Thanks
Chris

I believe I read that the Delta needs a new belt and they are on order.

Indeed, is there an estimate on when the router table would be up and running? Thanks.

According to this thread the repaired lift is expected back any day.

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/woodshop-issues/24513/2

1 Like