Router Leveling Table

FWIW, a 36 inch circle is 1,017.876 square inches. 100lbs/1,017.876 = about 1/10th of a pound/sq inch - not 10lbs/sq inch.

3 Likes

this is why I read these threads

1 Like

You are right, I did my math backwards whoops

2 Likes

Iā€™ve personally flattened over a dozen slabs in the last year on the multicam, if itā€™s too cupped to stay down screw it down onto a piece of plywood and the vacuum will hold down the plywood. Any method for securing it while using a router sled can be accomplished better on the Multicam.
And weight alone is NOT enough to keep it still. Iā€™ve had the Multicam move a slab well over 100 lbs.

3 Likes

I mean, thatā€™s good advice, but still has the issue of my not being cleared on the MultiCAM

there us a class on the 20th

already signed up, but what about those who arenā€™t cleared, or who donā€™t have access to a MultiCAM

If they have access to the space they can get cleared on the multicam.

I hope you can see the other side of the argument here. Thereā€™s a finite amount of space in woodshop. The jig youā€™re trying to build and store is both easily built as needed (like what Mike did) and not actually the best way to flatten a slab (since we have the multicam). So the question is, should we use a portion of our finite space to store a jig that is both a) not the best tool for the job, b) easily able to be built as needed and Iā€™d add c) whoā€™s use will significantly impair other members ability to use the space, since itā€™s bound to be used in the general workshop and be very loud for long periods of time. And in that light I think itā€™s obvious why we donā€™t need it.

2 Likes

people might not have had the time or money to get cleared on the MultiCAM. Iā€™ve been a member for 4 years, and am only just now getting cleared on it. People are only sometime available to help, but not always, so if you have any issues with the MultiCAM, you are stuck until someone can answer your question. Your other points involving storage and ease of assembly are valid though