Route table locking mechanism

Has a replacement been found for this, or the original Brought back to the shop to see if it’s fixable?

What are we talking about? The one on the lift?

Based on a conversation with Jess-Em, That’s just a friction lock doesn’t serve to actually lock the lift firmly. Just supposed to prevent vibration from causing height changes. Is it broken?

Yea, and that’s what I’m concerned about is the height changes due to it not being in place, it was taken to see if there was a replacement that could be found, and I’m trusting that person when they said it was broken, he knows his stuff so he probably noticed it was slipping but I’m just wondering if there’s any update cause without it it’s not unsafe but it can cause the bit to move slightly lower when making a pass causing inconsistency in the profiles

Router lift is has been replaced and is fully functional. Don’t torque on it, it works great.

4 Likes

The router lift lock mechanism was replaced, not the lift itself. Correct? And it does work great don’t be an animal and crank on it…

1 Like

Yes, correct. Sorry for lack of clarity.

Sweet! As always you’re on top of it! By the way the woodshop workbench space looks awesome!

1 Like

I used the router table on Sunday without issue.