Rolling Conveyors for Donation or Other

An acquaintance is moving and would like to donate to 'Space, if wanted/needed, some rolling conveyer things. Would have to be picked up in Prosper, TX in reasonably near future.

2 ~8-foot lengths and 1 ~6-foot length (all Could be cut to custom length); galvanized steel rails w/aluminum rollers; ~12 inches wide. Could be cut to custom lengths. Unless positioned and used on the ground, would need stands or supports fashioned for them.

PM me for contact information if interested.

1 Like

I can pick them up in prosper and deliver to the space if needed.

2 Likes

@Team_Machine_Shop - is this useful for either of the cutoff saws?

Short sections could be equipped with hinges and a folding leg for use on the planer and maybe some other Woodshop equipment OR made into a variable height cart that could be rolled to where needed.
@Team_Woodshop

our current configuration seems to work fine, so without an existing stand for these, I say no.
cheers!

2 Likes

This would have been very useful for the table saws on multiple occasions I have used them. The roller pop ups are a joke

1 Like

so I noticed this at work today. homemade outfeed table to the big sander. looks like a good use for those rollers.

1 Like

I think we should get these. They have to be good for something. I can store them in my garage until we move into the new spot if needed. If @Team_Woodshop agrees that we’ll use them and @mblatz can confirm that I can pick them up on Sat 6/22, I can make it work.

1 Like

I’ll check back on his move timeframe.

Yup

There are a variety of potential uses

So pick them up and we can figure out uses later

1 Like

My company has hundreds of these that are up for grabs but in no immediate need of removal. If a committee wants some, shoot me a PM and I’m sure we can arrange something whenever. They’ve been sitting, palletized in an unused warehouse for years, they’ll continue to sit there until someone gets motivated to scrap them (probably more years).

2 Likes

@ryan was nice enough to pick these up. They are here at DMS, but I did not think ahead enough to ask about where they might be stored in the meantime. Is there anywhere in #102 warehouse that would be appropriate (@Tron, @richmeyer, @mrjimmy)?

Or elsewhere? Metalshop? (@hon1nbo)

Put them on a wood pallet in the 102 warehouse so they can be moved around.

1 Like

Thanks Rich.

@ryan

They were a but long for the pallets I saw. They are on the sawhorses by the tool graveyard in 102. They are light and easy to move by hand.

@Team_Logistics aint ganna lie this would make the donation shelf a lot cleaner- just a line to the dumpster.

1 Like