Robotic For Teens? Anywhere in Dallas?

This is perfect. Can I stop by?

I submitted a contact form on the website.

Let me know if you don’t get a response. Sometimes the web interface can be a little…picky !!

I would also recommend FIRST/FTC/FRC. As a FTC alumnus I have great respect for the program. Perhaps @frank_lima does not remember me but I was around REV Robotics for a summer.

FIRST Tech Challenge has a bit of an easier learning curve. FIRST Robotics challenge generally allows teams to delve deeper into the structured engineering side of things, given the complexity of their robots, but FTC is by no means primitive or simple. I would offer that FTC challenges students to grapple more with the concept of space and packaging, while FRC makes students explore the technical limitations with a robot.

The documentation on the FRC side is a bit more complete. The FTC side has gotten much better over the years. If you are interested in the FTC side feel free to take a look at Game Manual 0.

1 Like

No reply yet

Are you willing to host a weekly class? Like beginning to advance? Maybe project-based? If we can find some teachers to build a curriculum I can find a significant amount of funding needed to by the kits.

That sounds great! I would not sign on to weekly but probably one or two a month. Weekly meetings could be wonderful. The program must not be centered around me though I’m willing to be heavily involved. Developing good classes is not easy. Working with a team would help a lot. @cottjr plans for us to bring up the topic of robotics training at the February 10 DPRG meeting. @artg_dms

It’s important to work with DMS board. @Julie-Harris I’m retired and DMS classes fund part of my membership at two makerspaces, DPRG and purchasing parts for classes. I would ask if honorariums would be paid for such a regular series of classes?

Still No Reply From Mckinney

Hmm, Christi said she emailed the same day. What is the best email to contact you? I think she used the one from your web page possibly though?

[email protected]

What is her email address?