Robotic Arm Donation šŸ¤–

Hi Christopher, welcome back! Your lab looks awesome! Thanks for taking time to contacting us and thanks @jstaud for connecting us.

We usually meet Sundays 3pm - 5 pm to work as a team. So far we are able to run it in manual mode, but when switched to automatic mode we keep getting this error:

Unexpected PSS state Code 1

Is the CIP connected correctly to the AWC card ? PSS is Power Sequence, something is attempting to start out of sequence. What happens when you type ā€œenā€ with the CIP in Automatic mode and pendant estop pressed?

ā€œen poā€
[record/report error here]
ā€œcalā€ ā€” > ā€œAre you sure?ā€ ā€”> ā€œYā€
[record/report error here]

We will have to try that. What usually happens is we hear a clicking sound after ā€œenable powerā€ and then our error. I know that may not sound descriptiveā€¦

We took it apart thanks to @Dawsmart and @andrewboerder this weekend. im unable to upload all of what weā€™ve found right now. ill try to by the morning, Iā€™m not at my computer.

Iā€™ll try to make it Sunday, but Iā€™d like to try to come by tomorrow evening, around 8pm, Tuesday May 1st. PSS state shouldnā€™t even be displayed normally, even as an error. It could be a cable/pin issue, jumper plug, or faulty CIP, or even the VJI and AWC cards.

I can do tomorrow. Iā€™ll be there around 7:30 pm till whenever. If anybody else wants to come please do.

2 Likes

So show of hands who all is still interested in this projectā€¦in our current direction i feel theyre going to be in a broom closet soon

Whatā€™s the latest word on that PSS error?

Is the group meeting today? I am not far and can swing by. As for interest definitely, but life happens :confused:

-Jim

Unfortunately work is taking over and I havenā€™t been able to post my notes.

If you were at the last meeting please share what weā€™ve found.

Next sunday I can schedule another meetingg but I can not continue to work on the robot. Next time we meet if any of you would like to step up and continue to set up the meetings, keep track of documentation and recruit volunteers going forward, please do.

2 Likes

Hey guys! New to the DMS and not much of an electrician but I write code for a living so maybe I can be of some help at some point. Just throwing my hat in the ring because who wouldnā€™t love to work on robots?!

1 Like

ā€¦we still dont know what the pss error is to be specificā€¦we think its from hardware safety issuesā€¦it also might be due to power issues but that is on the less likely sideā€¦the best route now i feel is probably to more thoroughly investigate internal transformer tap arrangements to see if it is currently wired for 208 but, spec plate says 400 but on one of my robots operating range (depending on tap config) is 208-575 so that could be itā€¦another route is definitely finding a correct schematic for the safety board and eliminating the extraneous safety features. I have 4 robots at home im looking to get running using linux cnc. Mesa hardware and stmbl open source servo drivesā€¦they are my priorityā€¦but as long as some folks stay interested im down to keep setting up the sunday meetingsā€¦if everyone else fizzles out i will have to pull out as well because i have 4 robot children at home who are MINE and whose future I MYSELF have immediate control over.

Did any of the schematics we got end up being relevant? Iā€™m still interested but Iā€™m especially interested if there are schematics to work from.

That is the problem they are similar but from a slightly different model

Ok Iā€™m happy with similar. I just wanted at least some guidance considering the complexity of the controller and the cumbersome accessibility of most of the circuits.

We identified a connector which seems to be the junction for all safety circuitsā€¦but finding out moreā€¦i fear may take a very deep investigation and as you noticed and just citedā€¦the covers are what holds the whole thing together

Please do not give it a sword

Im thoroughly dissapointed i expected them to do battleā€¦i have a similar robot awaiting tinkers at homeā€¦but its muchh dirtier

The resident stabuli expert round these parts said he got his system to work after disabling all safetys except for E stop and dead man.

That would be been pretty awesome except to be fair the arm would have to be mobile or the guy would have to be stationaryā€¦ I am betting that the robot would take the guyā€™s head off just from sheer strength.

I arrived on Sunday a bit later than desired but no one was working on it. I still have a pretty high interest in it.

If someone can provide info on where the safety wiring harness is I can try and debug it from there. We also donā€™t have cage enclosures and other things that are part of that typical safety configuration.

-Jim

2 Likes