Robotic Arm Donation 🤖

You can get multi-tap secondary transformers to deal with the power percentages. Not sure how much they would be but they are out there.

About $400-600 I believe

The plug that was installed for the Vacuum Former won’t interfere with Machine Shop as we’ve never used it.

I would think there should be no problem using it unless someone wants to use the vacuum former, in which case, you’d have to let them use it.

Nick has expressed disinterest in frequent access to the area where the plug is, please talk to him about it. It’s not the plug, but the crawling behind machines into potentially metal ridden floors in a tight area between a bandsaw and a cold cut saw.

That’s different issue.

If it’s on a cart couldn’t they roll it over to the loading dock? I believe there a plug over there and they’d have an open area - most of the time.

MANUALS

Software
V _Language_Guide.pdf (3.0 MB)
V _13.x_ReleaseNotes.PDF (1.7 MB)
V _Operating_Manual.PDF (1.4 MB)

Please visit the Document Library. There seems to be more information here: http://www1.adept.com/main/KE/DATA/adept_title_index.htm

Visit the London’s Hackerspace to find more documents:
https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Equipment/Staubli

Arm
Arm-RX_60B_family.pdf (2.3 MB)
RX60_RX60B_CR.pdf (476.3 KB)

Control Unit
CS7B&CS7MB_OperatorManual.pdf (1.1 MB)
UserManual_CS7M.pdf (2.8 MB)

Control Unit
Electrical Schematic CS7 Control Unit

Single phase, not 3 phase, at the dock. The only 3 phase that is readily available is at the vacuformer and at the induction forge.

The Vacuformer plug is a NEMA L21-30. https://smile.amazon.com/Leviton-2811-L21-30P-Industrial-Grounding/dp/B0025QI3C4

@andrewboerder can you hold off on getting the transformer. We found that it may be more related to the software.

We will be meeting this Sunday, 3p.m. in the Science area. The event hasn’t been posted yet but will be in 48 hrs. If you want to work on the robot you must attend this meeting. If you’ve already been working on it, you will not have to attend, there will be pizza.

I took a look at the robotic arm and measured the voltage coming out of the big Transformer. It measured 145 volts ac and the manual says we should be at 140 volts ac. This should be close enough. The 140 volts AC gets rectified to 200 volts DC. I haven’t found a place to measure that. In any case it doesn’t look like the power supply is an issue at this point. In the manual I saw mentioned a break on some of the stages. I don’t know if it’s electricaly or pneumatically operated but it may be why we’re getting an error on the lower stages. It also seems that the program we’ve been loading is assuming a prior position, and we may need to find a way to go through a homing sequence to prevent errors. I found the configuration utility. this makes me think that we should do an image of the hard drive before we do anything else to the system. I also found the mention of a Windows application which probably connects to the real time operating system via Ethernet or serial.

Thanks @chimpera for taking a look last night. It gives us a new perspective.

this makes me think that we should do an image of the hard drive before we do anything else to the system.

V _Operating_Manual.PDF (1.4 MB)

Chapter 5 talks about backing up the drives and references the CONFIG_C utility.

oh hey - if it hasn’t already been tasked out - perhaps the machine shop can program it to move those pesky stools automatically… :wink:

3 Likes

It will be my pleasure attending Sunday’s meeting. Hope to meet some likeminded people. Take care.

As to the homing issues and the unit being unsure of where it is…We should certainly address the encoder battery backup otherwise were starting over every time we turn it on. I’ll be there sunday.

When you say the big transformer do you mean the big internal three phase unit. Inside of the controller?

I do have a 20 foot 4 wire three phase extention I could bring on sunday…with that spliced to the existing cable and the other controller were not yet using I bet we could reach the induction forge area from the dock…Also it’s possible we could get another plug wired…I expect I could convince one of the licensed electricians my family is close with to wire in another one if that’s something that could be worked out with admins permission.

1 Like

Calendar meeting time and date posted.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/5474

1 Like

We can’t properly calibrate axes 1-3 (main axes) because we can’t get them to move yet. This is an issue because the calibration programs requests that the axes be set to the score marks before running.

1 Like

Hmmmmm…have y’all gotten the brake release to respond yet…the black button with the selector is the thang…so if it asks to be set to certain marks it may mean manually move it…but yeah you cant do that if the brakes won’t release.

2 Likes