Robotic Arm Donation šŸ¤–

Alternatively we could consult the manual to see if you can change the taps on the internal transformer

we can look into it, but i think its best that we have an external power supply. I know yours is pretty heavy and may be difficult to bring up here, therefore we can look at other power supply options.

If I have time I know of smaller onesā€¦I just donā€™t possess themā€¦theyā€™re in garland at my buddies yard

1 Like

4.5 KW 240to 480 units about 40 -50 pounds we might have to buck the secondaries in order to get into the +/- 15 percent range

1 Like

Any new developments?

Add a transformer on the base and i sincerely doubt its going anywhere, currently a person cannot lift even one wheel off the groundā€¦itā€™ll weebleā€¦itā€™ll wobble ā€¦Iā€™m no scientistā€¦but 20 bucks says that wonā€™t topple.

Ok, sounds like a plan! Were you able to see if your friend had any? Maybe somebody from @Team_Electronics may know where we can pick one up that can power the control unit. Specs, are shown below. Also I havenā€™t had time to look through the manual but it may be listed here also, CS7B - CS7MB Control Unit

Iā€™ll be up there, 9:30 p.m. tonight reading software manuals and maybe we can start on documentation on how to turn it on. Other than that, our main issue is supplying enough power to the arm.

I thought meeting Monday at 8:30 p.m. was great, but maybe we can meetup on the weekend like a saturday to allow more time for others to tinker.

I know he has some. And I have a three phase variac which we can use to tweak the voltage. Iā€™m willing to leave it there till a more permanent voltage tweak is available so long as I can be sure it wonā€™t walk off.

Understood, I agree that we should find a more permanent solution in the mean time. Weā€™ll chain it to the cart if we have to.

So long as we tape the knob down at 400v. Donā€™t wanna accidentally kill the power supply. Do we need any extra plugs or receptacles to get that in place?

Its an ancient motorized unit and hard to turn if you donā€™t know anything about itā€¦anybody know of an enclosure we could put all this in an maybe a fused disconnect in the interest of 400 volt three phase safetyā€¦thatā€™s quite a jolt to get.

We do need plugsā€¦a 5 wire three phase plug

One inlet one outletā€¦I used to have some but I think I threw them out Iā€™ll check though

Weā€™ll have to get back to you on the enclosure. What were the dimensions again?

Where are you going to plug it in at DMS?

One of the machine shop outletsā€¦If it gets to be a problem we can get a phase converter/ build one

Please consult with 3D Fabrication & Machine Shop on the use of that plug, itā€™s currently designed & reserved for vacuum former usage.

2 Likes

We can get the enclosure from the place with the transformer but Iā€™d need someone to throw down with meā€¦he gives good prices thoughā€¦Also would neesd someone to go with me ā€¦the transformers are amongst some other rubbish which is heavyā€¦Also we could get the best enclosure price if we gut it completely.

I could maybe go along depending on where and when. Do you have a picture of the plugs the variac uses?

Its barebones variac ripped from an industrial magnet power supply ā€¦no plugsā€¦screw terminals