Robotic Arm Donation 🤖

Not gonna be able to make it to the arm event today. My boyfriend got sick and needs assistance. Good luck on hopefully making progress today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks to all who came out. I’ll be sending the instructions by tomorrow evening. Any Suggestions on how to present will be greatly appreciated.

Again you are welcomed to come up and work on it or try to figure out why the lower limbs wont move.

I also found somethings in the software that possible could help us.

1 Like

I’ll be up here this Sunday, 3/25, at 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. to work on the arm if anybody wants to join in. I want to test the DC bus, like @chimpera said.

Also @engpin suggested manually moving the scribe marks to there correct places to ‘calibrate’ the machine and go from there.

I saw it moving last night!

I’ll try and be there

really! awesome! Who moved it?

Reminder meeting up tomorrow 3/25, at 3 p.m. to work on the robot.

Its Alive!!!
Found a disconnected plug inside

6 Likes

16 Likes

Damn! Bahahahahahaa!!! Thats awesome!!! Great job! was it to a specific joint?

Also we’ll meet on sundays starting at 3 p.m. til whenever

But this Sunday 4/1 its an effing party for all the hardwork yall put in!!!

1 Like

Some day it will be flipping burgers at open house. :hamburger:

6 Likes

The current status is that the arm will power up and move in manual mode, but it won’t power up in automatic mode. Following the documented procedure for powering the arm in automatic mode results in an error. This prevents us from moving the arm programmatically.

I’ll post the error here when I get to the space today.

1 Like

Is this perhaps why it was donated to us?

1 Like

Are you looking a gift horse in the mouth?:grinning:

Russell Ward

1 Like

Here’s the error:

Unexpected PSS state (code 1)

Here’s what the manual says about the error:

Unexpected PSS state Code nnn (-1110)

Explanation: The software has detected an unexpected change in the power sequencing control hardware. The code value indicates what state has been encountered. This error should never be seen, and may indicate a software or hardware problem on either the AWC or CIP.

User action: If safe to do so, attempt to enable HIGH POWER and note any different error messages which occur. If this error persists, contact Adept Customer Service.

Sounds like it is a micro-switch interlock of some kind.

I thought the same thing, and we can hope it’s that, but you’d think it would give a way more sensible error in that case.

The control unit has a connector on the back with two pairs of wires meant for a remote-mounted emergency stop switch and these wires had to be shorted together to power up the arm. Perhaps there are additional wires meant for a cabinet interlock that we need to short together.

Of course, the error message for the e-stop wires clearly indicated an issue with the e-stop circuit, whereas in this case the error is not so clear.

1 Like

Hey when you start up the robot again and you have it in automatic mode, try repeating the error Unexpected PSS state (code 1). Afterwards type in:

ROBOT STATE (select=1)

OR

ROBOT STATE (select=5)

Manual Reference V+ Language Reference 17.x
Keyword Description> State real-valued function

We are actually using V+ 13.x Language. But you may be able to get away with the same command. If not try dropping of the “ROBOT

another manual M1-6. Discusses hardware diagnostics and step by step guide on how to debug. Read Chapter 7 and 8

in the monitor type

execute 1 a.spec

check out in the blue binder > V+ Version 13.x Release Notes > Ch4 page 170
you don’t have to load the program it’s already loaded. Run the execute command above.

I forgot it was Easter weekend, so we wont be meeting this sunday

You sure? Could be a strangely apropos epiphanic experience…

bahahaha yes, i might be around but if others are around and working on it then cool. i just dont want to set an expectation that there will be people there

1 Like