Robotic Arm Donation šŸ¤–

Pardon my excitement if you will dear friends :). Yes perhaps my wording could have beenā€¦more reserved. So should we restrict its access without training?

I have one such windows pc rather old that should work seeing that it in itself is rather old

Sorry didnt see that you already mentioned thisā€¦so perhaps we should lock it in the electrical closet with the other rx60?

I think it is wise. Iā€™m talking pulling out and using on their own. There are many things that people can mess up with it. I will name a few

• Putting in harting connectors
  • Plugging in and out with 3 phase electrical
  • Securing it so it doesnā€™t fall over
  • Securing it, such that the E-Stops and Gating are in place
  • Being next to it, when in operation
  • Changing the tool head
  • How to use E-Stops
  • Basics of operation such as calibration

Anything that can seriously hurt you or people have risk of seriously hurting at DMS, is training required.

Iā€™m super excited as well! I didnā€™t mean to rain on the parade.

On the safety front, Iā€™d personally like to see a permanent enclosure with light curtains and safety mats. The problem is, until expansion, I donā€™t exactly know where youā€™d put something with a footprint the size of the HAAS (or all of science for that matter) inside of science :slight_smile:

I would say interim, maybe a train the trainers, and until then maybe no-one touch it unless @Draco or @andrewboerder are supervising?

I would agree with this. Until we know and have built out what is what, people are welcome to come help but yeah, one of us needs to be presentā€¦ for now.

Agreed so it should be put in the electrical closet ASAP and @draco talk to @stansimmons about getting ur fab access to it.

Is there any specific version or whatnot??

No storage in the electrical closet.

We have been keeping the other arm in there and got permission to do soā€¦should it not be so?

Realistically, there should be nothing stored in the Electrical Closet or the Server Room. We make exceptions for various one offs, air filters, electrical conduits, etc. A project should never be stored inside the Electrical Closet though.

2 Likes

We shall rectify the problem thankyou

Infrastructure now has 30 lbs of 3 phase extension cord for the Robotic Arm project to use. It is in the Science area in a box.

3 Likes

Thanks so much @StanSimmonsā€¦i wont be able to make it again tommorrow but i look forward to using it!

Hey guys, looking to help with the StƤubli RX60 effort. Have any training classes, whether formal or de facto, been established since the July 16th decision that training is needed? I havenā€™t seen an entry for this machine in the tool list, nor a calendar entry, so Iā€™m asking here.

Iā€™ll be down on Sunday 9/2 to try and catch a work session. If it turns out nothingā€™s going on, however, Iā€™d like to instead sit and study the manual if thatā€™s all right. Wonā€™t touch the arm, controller or terminal. Just RTFMing. Let me know.

Thanks and hope to meet you soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many of the manuals are available in PDF form in this thread above. ā€¦

I will be around. I should be either at the robot or in the common area.

1 Like

Good deal. Iā€™ll be there at 3

It looks like I will be a bit late.

Fair enough, Iā€™m sitting next to the terminal, with the manual

Hey, Draco, thanks for getting us up to speed tonight

1 Like