Robotic Arm Donation šŸ¤–

Same time this week?

It really depends on @Christopher_Thomas ā€¦ He has the boards and software that we need to test

1 Like

Talked to Staubli engineers twice. We are on our own. Theyā€™re not interested in helping anymore.

1 Like

STMBLs!!!

Or this project is doooooooommmmeddd!!!

Alright, we need another controller anyway for the other robot. We can get ready to build one.
We will need a parts list and some prices eventually. @andrewboerder would you like to do that since you know quite a bit about it?

1 Like

Absolutely im already working on my first drive ā€¦so should we meet this week? To discuss or what?

I am going to be there on Sunday at 3pm. I think @Christopher_Thomas was going to bring his AWC card and software to try. But yes, get a plan together ā€¦ and could you also share what resources you find?

For those of you who dont know stmbl is an open source servo drive designed by rene hopf and nico stute. Cross compatible with most all servo manufacturerā€™s, with a range of 30 to 380 volts up to 2.2 kw and designed to interface with linux cnc via Mesa electronics hardware. Using your computer as a motion controller. The primary obstacle with retrofitting industrial robots which are now DIRT cheap because without controllers and proprietary software they are useless is servo drives cost as much as robots. The other day i was about to buy two robots for 100 dollars but i had to stop myself because i horde robots and have 4 currently.Cross compatible open source drives are the key to introducing industrial robots into the small enterprise and maker sector https://github.com/rene-dev/stmbl/blob/master/docs/src/Getting%20Started.adoc

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got the AWC card. Iā€™ll be there on sunday.

1 Like

Will not be there tommorrow tied up with projects at home but ill have the literature together for next week

1 Like

Canā€™t make it today either, will be out of town but good luck!

How did the awc card go @Draco?

so we meetings this week? ill have a proposal by sunday ready to share on a google doc.

Canā€™t, Fatherā€™s day this Sunday so Iā€™ll be out of town.

Lol.righhhhhtttā€¦im doing that to. These things occupy separate parts of my brainā€¦either way ill have a doc ready to share.

STMBL V4.1 BOM.pdf (77.2 KB)
Here is the stmbl v4 bom

Im going to order myself parts later today and ill post the final price. Im also going to order a set of 12 boards. I already posess the mesa hardware for my own units, but we can use them to learn. Well call this gear DMS loaner until we can collect funds for our own units.
Here is a basic parts list
Untitled document.pdf (28.8 KB)

I heard you guys need a copy of windows 98?

Not that I know of. Where did you hear that?