Robotic Arm Donation šŸ¤–

@Draco and anyone else. Do we have a plan for this sunday?

Iā€™ll try to be there on Sunday.

I spoke to my contact at Staubli and heā€™s going to try to send me the service manual and other documentation for the RX60 and CS7MB. He didnā€™t have a PDF available at the time. Iā€™ll let yā€™all know as soon as receive anything.

2 Likes

I have someone else that I have been talking to about the issue. It might be the jumpers on the back that we made causing the problem since we didnā€™t have the docs but had to try and reverse it. He said he was going to get us the pinout for it. Then perhaps whatever is happening out of order we can fix. It might be that it is trying to blink the remote power button but it has been jumpered always closed or something like that.
Basically, we are waiting on documentation.

Also, he gave me a program or a series of steps to try and see if we can get some automation happening.

The other thing we can try is to see if we can get communication between a computer and the controller. We need to make a crossover ethernet cable. And see if we can find the Windows XP machine that was donated and/or get local admin on the science computer.

Also, we can try our single cable (we tried the one from @Christopher_Thomas last time) and see if that will work with the robot.

1 Like

I would also like to look into what kind of servos and voltages/currents are needed, in case we want to build our own controller
Also, what it will take to repair the other robotic arm.

Well the servos on the stabuli definitely fall into the 2.2 kw range of stmbl and the resolvers i think are plug and play with itā€¦as to what voltage those motors are im not quite sureā€¦ill look through the manualsā€¦if the big rx60 grinds even unpowered there has to be a screwed gearbox within the motorā€¦ill take the motor apart on sunday.

1 Like

So 3-5 see yall there

1 Like

ā€¦Staubli*ā€¦

I have the service manual for the CS7MB and RX60B. Iā€™ll email you the pdf soon.

We need to pull off the side panel on the left side and look at the diagnostic leds on the AWC card.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the pin assignments for J50. wiringpinoutThird.pdf (152.6 KB)
wiringpinoutSecond.pdf (100.4 KB)
wiringpinoutFirst.pdf (200.2 KB)

I believe you need to connect the Auto/Man Validation pinsā€¦ Note 4. Theyā€™re connected on mine here.

1 Like

Here are all the manuals Staubli currently has.

RX60 Service Manual

CS7MB Wiring Diagrams

CS7MB Installation/Setup Manual

1 Like

Thanks @Christopher_Thomas !

Reading through the manual has given some things that are quite enlightening.

1. The single connector on the back is not for a robot but digital I/O (DIO), the controller only controls one robot using the double connector.
  2. There are lights inside in the back area that tell you what faults are present, we should be able to get to them with the top removed
  3. We seem to have the power taps configured correctly.
  4. Although, it might be Ground and not Neutral :stuck_out_tongue: ā€¦ they call it Ground in the manual
  5. We now have internal voltages to check
  6. We can now verify the jumper E-Stop bypass set on the back
  7. There are option switches for different robots models on the axis boards
  8. The fuses are different depending on the robot connected
1 Like

Sounds like we got our work cut out for us tommorrow

@malcolmputer it appears i was wrong on the payloadā€¦at low speed the arm can handle 4.5 kilos

Just got a message from deanforbes at london hackspace. Their setup is with mesa hardware. The rasberry pi was a hack implemented on their old controller before it failed and they did stmbls and mesa gear.

Thanks for payload clarification

Thatā€™s good to hear! That should do it just fine. Welding Feed Speed isnā€™t more than 100 IPM in most cases, which I hope would be ā€œslowā€ for this guy.

We should consider finding a cable that mates to j50 and actually soldering the leads at the end in stead of sticking leads in the connector all whompy-jawed-like.

I probably wonā€™t be there today. Stuck running errands.

Correction. Will be there at 4pm

We made some progress on the Robotic Arms

1. We got a program running moving the arm in manual mode
  2. We got it in world mode and tool mode
  3. We tested quite a few things using the manual, we are going to check with the manufacturer
  4. We made some new connections on the jumper on the back that were needed
  5. We think it might be a software issue, we will try changing that next week

Thanks for everyone that came out and helped! One way or another we will have a working Robotic Arm.

2 Likes