Rifle Open Carry - RNC/WEST OHIO MINUTEMEN 2016

The following discussion after that one quote is where I get the implication that some people with CHLs will have them on them during a show and tell event.

I have no problem with people carrying during a show and tell but I do not see any negative to having those firearms on display zip tied as an added safety precaution.

Edit: to put it bluntly: Since the carry of loaded weapons is allowed at DMS, how will the “no live ammo in the room” provision of the show-and-tell event be enforced?

1 Like

To put it bluntly: You carry, whether concealed or not, your weapon stays holstered. Period. The only time it ever comes out of the holster is if there is a threat to address.

Concealed weapons should never be part of a weapons training class or demonstration on DMS grounds.

Most ranges prohibit pulling of concealed weapons out of holsters for range use.

Those of us that asked understand the drill.

The proposed “No live ammo in the room” rule is not workable.

That is the point.

Better to state “demo guns will be fitted with range flags”. More practical, and doesn’t cause unintended problems.

1 Like

This. :blankspace:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

So this mysterious and hypothetical member will not be welcome at Hatcher’s events, and should know that themselves.

Not an issue.

1 Like

Respectfully your vague comments here need to just be resolved. Put up or shut up. Post up what you know and such or stop talking about it. You are not helping

1 Like

Why are you asking on Talk? If someone is breaking their parole you should call 9-1-1 immediately.

What did they say? When is the raid?

1 Like

Please don’t feed the trolls, the more attention wasted on worthless words, the more of them they spit out. @Draco after seeing the responses here, do you have a rough idea of what you want to do that you can share? Also you’ve said before that Hatchers is now more than just firearms, do you plan to include any of that in this show and tell?

Yes, I have some people interested in bringing crossbows, swords and knives.
I want to do a call out to the space and see what people want to bring so we can make room.
I think it should be open to all legal weapons and armor. Depending on what we have, we
may end up taking up two rooms.

5 Likes