[Resolved - Yes we do] Do we have Forstner bits? How large?

I’m looking to do a woodworking project which will require a 1" and a 1-1/4" Forstner bit.

Do we have a set that goes that large? If so, where are they located?

As of 6 months ago we did have 1" and 1-1/4" bits. The last time I saw them there were in the tool cart that is next to the drill press. We only had one set then though so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve since gone missing.

1 Like

I brought my set from home last week because I couldn’t find any. That’s not to say there aren’t some … somewhere.

If you can’t find any and need to borrow, you are more than welcome to borrow mine.

2 Likes

Yes, In one of the bottom-most drawers in rolling cabinet next to wood shop drill press press.

1 Like

As stated we do have a box of them in the cabinet next to the drill press. I did see them last Saturday when I was in there for a class and just wanted to let you know they are HSS and many of them looked well worn. They may be too dull to use on a dense hardwoods. or you’ll have to go slowly and take a lot of breaks.

1 Like

We definitely have them in 1 and 1 1/4 inch diameters, up to 2" I believe. There’s two different sets but, as rook says, good luck finding sharp ones. I tried to use a 3/8" one the other day and it didn’t cut anything. Would’ve set my project on fire before drilling a hole. Not sure if they can be sharpened or not.

Wood Magazine says yes!

I confirmed the Forstner bits are in the drawer.

Unfortunately, the drill press table is broken and can’t be adjusted, so I can’t do what I wanted to do.

I filed an Issue report.

2 Likes