It’s not near high enough heat to even remotely consider the mere possibility that it all 50uL might somehow magically catch fire. You are not remotely close to the activation temperature of alcohol, and the second ingredient is fluorocarbons which don’t burn, and would likely keep it from burning. The likelihood of that happening inside that box is so low, I won’t even make odds. And if it did, the volume of liquid is so low, and alcohol burns at a very low temp. You’ve probably seen people hold it in their hands with out burning themselves. This is because the liquid itself won’t burn without plenty of oxidant around. This is somehow such a blatant disregard for a critical, intelligent consideration I’m not sure I should respond to such fear-mongering, but I will, lest this message board fire get out of hand.
There aren’t really many of the Michael Jackson style hairsprays left that were probably butane fed and hydrocarbon based.
And it’s not a practice that I made up, it’s extremely well known if you were around in the earlier days or you’ve had a printer before. I have a bottle here in front of me. 3 actually. Aussie brand is best
But I will capitulate that if there are people at the space that get nervous about this, even if it’s not likely to light even if you took a lighter to it once sprayed. If you held it up to the nozzle it might burn due to the butane. But if you’ve ever seen bulk butane at room temperature you’d understand that it’s not likely hitting the bed in any significant amount and within seconds it’s too diffuse to spark. I’m trying to think if there is a way . Maybe if you were careful to keep the top down and sprayed like half a can (way too much, you want a tiny amount or else it’ll Mess up the part). Basically it’s cheap and fast drying, and easy cleaning (water) adhesive. As I was saying, if there are nervous people who are worried about fire, it’s best left undone to avoid conflict. A solvent is used in the makerspace probably several times a day, we need to put a stop to that as well I guess. At least here if you were able to get it to light, (with a lighter and a lot) you’d only get a flash but no damage, because it’s just the vapors that will burn, nothing that can detonate- which is totally a different thing than burning, and I think is what Brian is confusing. Ok, after clearly stating on a factual basis Brian couldn’t be more wrong, I do agree with him, because if he’s nervous there will be others with deficiencies in their physical chemistry and a head full of YouTube exploits.
Turn the bed up a smidge. You’re probably using high temp abs, and you haven’t gotten above the transition temp. Turn it down once you’ve got 30 layers or so or else the part will warp. It should be stuck by then. It’s not a z height issue, unless the first layer looks bad. It’s a bed temp issue.