[RESOLVED] Order from Thunder arriving Wed 3/27/19 AM

Just got a call from RoadRunner saying that an order from Thunder will be arriving Wednesday sometime between 8AM and 4PM. The loading dock needs to be clear for the delivery.

@Team_Laser, @Team_Logistics

3 Likes

Dibs on buying the old machine for $25… :slight_smile:

23 Likes

That was cute, made me laugh Bill haha.

I can only 1/2 like your post. Because you used the word “cute”.

Yikes. They just sent me shipping details less than an hour ago. They originally said it would take two weeks from the ship date.

Looks like maintenance day will be quite busy.

2 Likes

Is this a replacement or new machine? I tried to find info on the wiki but cant even find meeting notes after Nov '18 :frowning:

I think there was a miscommunication about who was going to post them. I can post what I have.

We held an emergency meeting about replacing big thunder due to multiple issues with it. It’s being replaced with the exact same machine, just brand new instead of worn out.

2 Likes

@StanSimmons Will you be on-site to accept shipment?
EDIT: @merissa how did we handle receipt of Donner and Blitzen?

1 Like

I can work from the space tomorrow and accept it.

Do they have specific instructions like to call a number, load around back, etc?

3 Likes

Paging @sixvolts, @JoshW, @StanSimmons, @merissa.

And thanks, @hon1nbo!!!

1 Like

We’re also going to have to shuffle the other machine around to? Sorry I wasn’t at the meeting to ask this. Where’s the old one going to go?

1 Like

I asked same question. I wasn’t at the meeting either. Asked afterwards. Unfortunately, I’ve blinked and rebooted since then. @sixvolts, would you address the logistics of storing Old Big Thunder and then selling it?

1 Like

With the 35s, delivery was accepted by Stan I believe and David (@pinewoodnut) worked on unpacking and setup till Brandon and I could get there and help complete installation that evening.

With that order we had a bunch of delays because of customs and I can’t remember what trucking company actually handled delivery. So might be a different service this time since it came in so quick. I believe they had the information and just showed up at the dock during the delivery window though. @StanSimmons please correct me if I’m forgetting something.

2 Likes

Sadly I will be out of town for work so the amazing laser team will have to lead the way the other thunder laser 63 is to be sold as is not bottom dollar but a definitely used price. We may need to borrow the dock for a few days the plan was to sell the used one while the new one was in transit but it transited faster then we expected.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Thunder China told us it would take two weeks to ship and it took much less. We only received a shipment notice earlier today, and it will be arriving tomorrow. That really hasn’t given us time to work on any of the logistics.

It will probably need to sit in the crate for a few days on the dock until this weekend when we can work on pulling out the the old machine and swapping it out.

2 Likes

You guys also have another crate by the back door. Not sure what it is & if you already knew it was there.

Laser is here.

6 Likes

This is fairly unrelated but I didn’t think it warranted it’s own thread so I’m posting it here. After seeing this thread I wanted to check out thunder laser’s website and saw that they’ll actually be in town at an expo in Irving today, tomorrow, and saturday (3/28-3/30.) Just thought I’d announce it in case anyone was unaware.
http://www.thunderlaser.com/

3 Likes

As soon as we have the Certificate of Occupancy, it can be stored in 102 until sold, until then it will need to sit on the dock or in storage.

It appears that the crate material was saved, and is now stored on the red woodshop cart.

Doing that does mean that carts and other usual dock junk will end up blocking the fire egress from the machine shop. Since anyone is empowered to keep that clean blocking materials will be stacked atop what is on the dock. Just saying. So I would vote for off-site storage.

Welcome back Stan!