[NOT-RESOLVED]Laguna Band Saw

The Lauguna band saw is down for multiple problems. The woodshop chair has been notified. Here is a list of problems:

We will let you know when the saw is back for use.

1 Like

The saw is back in service thanks to Chris F.

3 Likes

This saw was improperly put back into service without fixing any of the issues, including putting the same drive belt back on despite it fraying.

I have taken the saw out of service again until we can get these PM issues resolved.

If someone who knows bandsaws wants to help me tackle this, it would be much appreciated.

I’ll take this on.

Thanks

Freddy

3 Likes

Is there an ETA on the Laguna?

Hi, I’m working with laguna on a part, expecting an ETA come monday

2 Likes

@yashsedai
Are there any updates? Thanks for working on this.

@IanLee
Are there any 3tpi blades for the Jets?
Thanks

6-8 TPI for the jets if I remember right.

Greetings Fred,

I’m not very good at social media, so I hope that this post reaches you. Ian asked me to forward information on the Laguna 18 bandsaw that I received after calling Laguna’s general helpline.

1. The techsupport person that I talked to said the Laguna Showroom in Grand Prairie should have the parts necessary to repair the bandsaw.

2. Grand Prairie (Texas Showroom) 744 Refuge Way Suite 200, Grand Prairie, Texas 75050
    phone: 949-474-1200.

3. I was given a general estimate for parts: The bandsaw wheel tires are $40.00, $100 for the guides, and $15.00 for the drivebelt.

Regards,
Jon

6 Likes

Jon, thank you for the info!

I’ve got two belts and tires ordered as of today. Guides i’ll order monday.

I’ll let everyone know as soon as its installed.

Thanks

Freddy

4 Likes

What is the current status of the Laguna? @Team_Woodshop anything I can do to help?

The only outstanding parts we are waiting on are the ceramic blade guides. They are due in this week. Once replaced the saw will be put back into service.

Thanks

Freddy

2 Likes

Thanks Freddy!

All, the parts have come in needed to complete this. I expect to be present thursday or friday to finish it out. I’ll post up a completion when done.

Thanks

Freddy

1 Like

Is it niw repaired? I’d sure love to mill some wood pieces this weekend?

Unfortunately no, the idler tire will not stay on. I will be calling Laguna on Tuesday when they reopen. Sorry for the delay.

Good news everyone, the bandsaw is now back in service. It has different blade guides. The adjustment instructions are on the saw.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO NOT ADJUST THEM UNLESS YoU HAVE WATCHED THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AND UNDERSTAND HOW. They should not need it

Blade guides are made by Carter.

Warning: Blade guides get hot during use. Do not touch them.

Getting the saw to track properly was a serious pain.

Thanks to all who helped on this. Shout out to the awesome Guru Tim Bene.

Thanks

Freddy

7 Likes

Thank you Freddy! I know this has turned into a massively longer pain in the butt. Thanks for tackling this and getting machine back in order!

1 Like

Freddy thank you so much! I followed this thread and seeing all the roadblocks I can only imagine how mad you’d be if it broke again so I’m going to pamper this thing like nobody’s business.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Thanks Freddie!