[RESOLVED] I did something to Righty, now he won't speak to me

I made a mistake and tried to load a file to Righty before KISSlicer was done with it. Righty went off into the twilight zone, so I closed Firefox and reopened it. Now Righty is unreachable.

I do not know how to reset him, and I hate to leave us one printer down due to my stupidity. If somebody can tell me what to do (use small words please), I’ll get him reset.

1 Like

Did you try the red reset switch bottom left side of the enclosure below the bed?

I did. I held it in for ~3 seconds. No love.

You may need to restart the banana pi on the back of the printer. Theres a small usb cable on the left side of the box you can unplug and plug back in, that will restart Octoprint and the PI.

3 Likes

Hi Nick (@nvacroux)

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know by sending an e-mail to [email protected], as we do not monitor the TALK forums for trouble reports. For the record, I do not believe you did anything ‘wrong’…

Just a head’s up… Regarding reporting issues in general - including 3D Fab resources, we (Dallas Makerspace) are moving toward using our new ticket system to report issues. You’ll notice more notices about it in the next week or so; but, are encouraged to start using it now. :smile:

Here’s a link with more information about it:
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/who-do-i-contact-for/5894?u=lisaselk

All that being said, the ‘fix’ Mitch (@themitch22) suggested is something that should only be done as an absolute last resort. We do not want the cables disconnected/reseated on Banana Pis if it can be avoided at all. We usually only resort to restarting the Pis in instances where OctoPrint does not show the ‘user’ to be signed in; and, even on those rare occassions, it would be much preferred if you used the restart button on the Pi (unplugging the cables can actually knock other things loose, as well as other damage to the Pi (and SD card).

Here is a photo of the bottom of the Pi case, where the button is located. If you notice that OctoPrint’s “user” is not logged in, then you can reach around the left side of the printer and press the button on the bottom of the case. Please only do it if OctoPrint is not logged in for that particular printer. (Please also open a ticket - even if you are able to resolve the issue - for tracking purposes… Thanks!!!)

Thanks again!
Lisa
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just to update, I was able to use righty last night after resetting both the pi and printer.