[RESOLVED] - Garage Ramp RFID wire repair

The Garage Ramp RFID is down. The wire to it has come loose up in the high area above the garage door. It will require either an extension ladder, a portable lift, or the agility of a monkey to reach.

I would like to have a replacement wire run from way up their to a connection box down between the ramp and dock doors. This will allow for future enhancements to the ramp and dock security without having to climb up high.

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".

define “high area above the garage door” i may be large but i be kinda agile lol

We poked around up in the ceiling, tightened some crimps, found nothing.
Investigated the reader on the pole outside, wires have been smashed into each other causing a short.

Please stop hitting the reader with your cars.

6 Likes

Is it possible that someone hit with a rearview mirror?

Hopefully not!

(the ones on the windshield are rear view mirrors, I’m making a joke)

2 Likes

The side view mirrors then!!!

2 Likes

@PearceDunlap repaired the damage on the wire leading to the Ramp RFID. Someone had gotten just a little too close to the ramp rail with their vehicle and smashed the wires. The damaged portion has been removed and the wire reconnected.

Thanks Pearce!

3 Likes